Traffic Engineering

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Who We Are

Traffic Engineering operates the City's system of signalized intersections, school flashers and computerized traffic signal operating system; Provides design and operational analysis services for traffic control improvements, and administers Neighborhood Safety, Traffic Calming Program, Parking Issues, Citizen Traffic Requests, and Road Closure Information

Important Contact

Kurt M. Dietrich, P.E., Traffic Engineer
1640 E Commercial Row, Reno, NV 89512  
Ph. 775-334-2243 Fax 775-334-1226

Citizen Requests for Service

If you have a traffic or parking concern and wish to have it addressed, please contact Reno Direct.  Please see our Individual Resident Parking Application if you with to apply for an on-street parking space for your residence. For questions or requests for services within the City of Reno, please contact Reno Direct

Quick Links

Our Responsibilities

Alternative Fuel Vehicle Parking Program

If you own an electric, propane, compressed natural gas, or hydrogen fueled vehicle, you may be participate in the Alternative Fuel Vehicle Parking Program.  Please download the Application for a Alternative Fuel Vehicle Parking Permit. The permit is in lieu of parking meter payment only.  All other parking restrictions apply.  For example, if a parking space is regulated by a two hour meter, the vehicle would have to be moved from the space within two hours.  Additionally, parking a permitted vehicle within a City of Reno Special Event does not relieve payment of any applicable event fees.

Traffic Signal Timing

The City of Reno maintains all of the traffic signals within the city limits, including traffic signals on state highways.  If you have a traffic signal concern, please contact Reno Direct.

Traffic Signal Timing

Traffic Calming

Speeding violations are the number one complaint to the Reno Police Department. A primary goal at the City of Reno is “to attain the highest quality of life possible for each resident.” Through a petition process and engineering study, your street may be eligible for traffic calming treatments.  Please note that Primary Emergency Vehicle Routes (PEVR) are not eligible for treatment. Also see PEVR map.  Please see our Traffic Calming Policy and Petition for additional information.

Traffic Calming

Traffic Counts

If you're interested in traffic counts within Reno, please visit the Nevada Department of Transportation's Traffic Information Division.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer