(775) 334-2370Jenny Hansen has more than 30 years of experience in public safety, including Emergency Management, Policy Development, Government Affairs, and Public Safety functions within private industry. Her work has taken her through various levels of government agencies around the country in places such as New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose, and the State of Montana. She also has experience with the U.S. Navy Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) and other federal programs in Washington D.C.
Some of her past roles in Public Safety communications include:
- Project Coordinator for USDOT’s Next Generation 9-1-1 Initiative
- Testified twice before U.S. Senate Committees on Public Safety Issues
- Project Manager for FDNY Rebuilding Radio Infrastructure at World Trade Center Complex
- FCC Panel Discussions on Emergency Communications for Special Needs Communities
- FCC Working Group for Location Accuracy Standards for Wireless 9-1-1 Communications
- FirstNet Working Groups and Standards Development
- USDHS Video Technology Advisory Group
Jenny’s university studies range from coursework in Sports Medicine at the University of Southern California to graduate of the Senior Executive Service Leadership Program at Georgetown University in Washington D.C.
She enjoys working hard and playing even harder, taking full advantage of the outdoors and recreational opportunities in the Reno-Tahoe region.