COVID-19 Updates

Please pay attention to our COVID-19 web page, our social media, emails and other credible sources of news for the most recent updates and information.


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Illicit Discharges: To report spills, illegal discharges, illicit connections, or local emergencies related to the storm drain system or the sanitary sewer system, call one of the numbers listed below. Learn to recognize potential illegal/illicit discharges into the storm drain system.

City of Reno RenoDirect 334-INFO(4636)
   After Hours Emergency  722-4660
City of Sparks City of Sparks, Environmental Control 861-4152
After Hours Emergency 691-9227
State of Nevada Nevada Department of Environmental Protection 687-9429


Clogged Catch Basins: To report clogged catch basins, flood control channels or ditches, contact the local jurisdiction in your area:

City of Reno Maintenance & Operations 334-2243
City of Sparks Maintenance & Customer Service 353-2271
Washoe County Roads Division 328-2180


Recycling and Hazardous Waste Disposal Information
To learn more about proper disposal of household hazardous wastes or the Curbside Recycling Program, call the Recycling Hotline at 800-597-5865, the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, 784-4848 or 832-4150.

To learn about recycling and hazardous waste disposal for your small business, contact the Business Environmental Program at 1-800-882-3233.

To learn about how to safely and efficiently manage waste, and particularly hazardous waste, in the home, visit the Household Waste Management section of the Environmental Protection Agency website.