Reno Youth Teen Center
The Reno Youth Teen Center will provide opportunities for our youth to socialize in a safe, supervised and well-equipped setting. We will provide a diverse educational, creative, and recreational programs for youth between the ages of 11-18 years old in a safe, drug and alcohol-free environment.
Our 3 main principles are:
- Promotion of youth engagement by supporting and encouraging youth organized recreational sports and inspiring youth with new opportunities to develop their interests and skills.
- Interaction with youth on a daily basis to identify interests that they may have and make appropriate referrals to the program, activities, or mentoring based on each individual's needs.
- Building a safe and supportive youth community that fosters responsibility, critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and leadership.
- Homework assistance will be made available 3-5 pm Monday-Thursday.
- After-school homework assistance and academic enrichment is provided through trained staff and students from the University of Nevada, Reno and or Truckee Meadows Community College.
- Will work with any youth in a one-on-one setting and or small groups to build their academic skills and further develop communication abilities with one another.
During the school year the Teen Center will be offered after-school on weekdays:
Monday - Thursday, 2:30 - 6:00 p.m.
Your community, your center... let's do this!
FREE FOR AGES 11-14
Traner Middle School
1700 Carville Drive
Reno, NV 89512
Contact the youth office for information at 775-334-4280