Special Events in the City of Reno
The City of Reno is a city that celebrates and supports special events. We believe that events enhance the vitality, quality of life, and economic prosperity of the City of Reno. The Special Events Office works to grow Reno’s current tourism base, attract new visitors and encourage community events that add to the local quality of life.
- Sign up to receive updates on special event street closures from the City and private special event promoters
- Current Road and Lane Closures
- Free Speech Zones in Wingfield Park
- Free Speech Zones in Idlewild Park
- Free Speech Zones in Downtown Reno
For special Events on public property and parks in Reno, Film Permits and Residential Block Parties.
Special Events HOTLINE
Call or text your event onsite issues/complaints - 775-432-0487.
Event planning questions
- Kacee Matthewson, Special Events Assistant
- Alexis Hill, Arts, Culture and Events Manager
If you wish to have your event in a park, please reserve your permit through the Parks and Recreation Department first:
- Parks and Recreation Department: 775-657-4654
After you reserve your park please fill out the special event applications on this page and send to Kacee Matthewson.
Permits for events on private property (Special Activity):
- Business License Division