Purchase a Reno license plate before December 31, 2017 to:
- Show your Reno pride
- Support Reno parks
- Get some perks!
- An annual Parks, Recreation, and Community Services pass (an adult pass is valued at $360).
- Swim lessons: A 4-week, 2 days/week class at Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center (up to $58.50 value)
- *FREE FRIDAY PARKING in City of Reno metered spaces for any vehicle displaying the Reno plate!
To obtain the annual pass or take advantage of the swim lessons, just bring your DMV paperwork showing you purchased the special plate to Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center, located at 1301 Valley Road in Reno. The annual pass grants citizens access to the Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center and all City of Reno pools.
*Free Friday Parking good through December 31, 2017
Cost of a City of Reno Plate
- Initial fee: $62 for standard plate / $97 for personalized plate
- Annual fee: $30 for standard plate / $50 for personalized plate
Visit your local DMV today to get your City of Reno license plate. If you plant to visit the Reno DMV office at 305 Galletti Way, skip the wait and make an appointment online - it's quick and you'll be in and out in no time.
Your support goes a long way
Your purchase of a City of Reno license plate will provide dedicated funding for Parks and Recreation programs. Each license plate would provide $20 ($25 in the first year) that would go directly to Parks and Recreation programs offered throughout the City of Reno. We need your help though. We need a minimum of 1,000 people to purchase a City of Reno license plate in order to get that funding.
1,000 license plates = $25,000
10,000 license plates = $250,000
What could be done with $250,000 in dedicated funding? Here are just a few examples:
- New fitness equipment and refinishing gym floors at recreation centers
- Re-plastering of City pools – adding years to the life-span
- Picnic shelter at Reno Sports Complex
- Shade structures at Reno Tennis Center
- Replacement of scoreboards at Reno Sports Complex and Idlewild fields
- Replacement of community playground or neighborhood park playgrounds
- Replacement of 2 deteriorated park bathrooms
- Reconstruct 1-2 miles of paved trails
- Replace/rebuild the Idlewild Park train and track with a new, larger model