Our adaptive recreation equipment is available for rent. Renting makes it affordable for participants to try before they buy, be a weekend warrior, gain skills, and be involved in more than one sport.
Please note - A minimum of 48 hours advance notice is preferred. Equipment inventory is limited and an appointment for proper fit is required.
Fees & Agreements
- The rental fee must be paid in advance. The daily fee is $30, weekend fee is $51 and full-week fee is $76.
- A valid credit card is required. Its image will be held to make repairs on damaged, lost or stolen equipment, if necessary. The renter is responsible for replacement and repair costs.
- The renter agrees to be the sole authorized user of the equipment.
- A Release Agreement will be read and signed prior to leaving the premises. The Release Agreement requires the signature of either a parent or legal guardian if the renter is under the age of 18 or not their own guardian.
- The renter must be at least one-year post injury and must be their own legal guardian if over the age of 18.
COVID-19 Rules for Rental
- All renters must have an appointment.
- Renters must come by themselves unless they need assistance with transferring, etc.
- City of Reno will designate one staff member to conduct adaptive equipment fitting and orientation and will wear appropriate PPE (mask, gloves, etc.).
- City of Reno requests renters wear a face covering.
- All adaptive equipment rental transactions will take place outside the building (City of Reno will setup a popup at the back of the building adjacent the rental equipment room).
- No one-day or weekend rentals will be offered at this time to limit contact.
- All interactions such as signing releases/rental agreements and payments will be done digitally (paperless).
- All equipment will be sanitized with approved disinfectant solution and UV light upon return.
Updated on 07/07/2020 7:33 AM
Our adaptive recreation equipment is available for rent. Renting makes it affordable for participants to try before they buy, be a weekend warrior, gain skills, and be involved in more than one sport. Equipment provided by a grant from the Craig H. Neilsen Foundation.
- Adult Excelerator Handcycle
- Adult Excelerator XLT
- Adult XLT Gold Handcycle
- Buddy Bike
- Catrike 700
- Catrike 700
- Catrike Road
- Catrike Villager
- Force-3 Quad Elite Handcycle
- Force-R Handcycle
- Freewheel Wheelchair Attachment
- Full Fat Ice Trike
- Grit Freedom Chair
- Hase Kettwiesel Recumbent
- Hase Trailer
- Hase Trigo Up
- Hase Trigo Recumbent
- Hippocampe Beach Wheelchair
- KHS Tandem
- Kids Excelerator Handcycle
- Kids Excelerator XLT handcycle
- Quad Excelerator Handcycle
- Reactive Adaptations Stinger Off-Road Recumbent
- Reactive Adaptations Nuke Off-Road Handcycle
- Ice / Roller Sledge
- Sport On Explorer III
- Sport-On JeeTrike
- Sports Wheelchair
- Trek Cruiser Tandem
- Trek Trike