Affordable Housing Municipal Loan Program
Loans may be available to assist with the development of transitional and permanent affordable housing units through the Washoe County HOME Consortium (WCHC). Loans may be available for the following:
- Pre-development and development
- Substantial rehabilitation
The loans are made available through a competitive application process.
- Projects seeking loans must be approved by the Technical Review Committee of the Washoe County HOME Consortium, and must maintain compliance with all of the rules and regulations of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) at all times.
- The laws and rules of the Davis-Bacon Act and the Section 3 program may be required for approved projects.
- Loans through this program typically require a minimum affordability period of between five and thirty years, depending on the nature of the project.
- Additional requirements may apply.
- Affordable Housing Municipal Loan Program (AHMLP) Application (PDF version)
- Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) Certification (PDF version)
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affordable Housing Reduction and Subsidization of Fees Application
- Application for reduction or subsidization of impact fees, building permit fees and sewer connection fees for affordable housing developments.