Community Assistance Center (CAC)
The Community Assistance Center (CAC) provides emergency shelter for men, women, and families and other services and programs to those experiencing homelessness. Volunteers of America currently operates the CAC.
The Community Assistance Center is located at 335 Record Street
- Up to 21 homeless families and 6 pregnant women or women with an infant can be sheltered at the family shelter.
- Call: 775-322-9574
- Approximately 158 adult men can be sheltered nightly in the men’s shelter. An additional 66 individuals can utilize the day room during inclement weather.
- Call: 775-329-4141
- Approximately 50 adult women can be sheltered in the women’s shelter.
- Call: 775-329-4145
Tom Vetica Resource Center
The Tom Vetica Resource Center provides free services to individuals experiencing homelessness, including:
- Telephone use with free long distance
- Voicemail service
- Receiving mail
- Computer with internet access
- Fax and copies
- Program information
Other programs and services are also regularly available at the resource center, including:
- VA Healthcare for Homeless Veterans Program
- Food Bank of Northern Nevada SNAP Outreach
- Disability Action Advocates
- Alcoholics Anonymous
You can contact the center for a calendar of when these services and programs will be available.
ReStart is a Volunteers of America program offering recourse and referrals for eligible individuals and families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and have a mental illness. Services include:
- Psychiatric services
- Medication management
- Case management
- Substance abuse counseling
Deposit Assistance Program
The Deposit Assistance Program provides rental/security deposits and other deposits for applications and utilities to the following individuals:
- Homeless clients who live at the CAC and who have gained employment or other income;
- Individuals who currently have Section 8 vouchers;
- Transitional living clients who have graduated (they must present their certificate to staff) and are ready to move into a unit; or
- Individuals who present severe circumstances with proof of income.
Rapid Rehousing Program
The Rapid Rehousing Program connects families and individuals experiencing homelessness to permanent housing.
Other Assistance and Services
In addition to the assistance and programs at the CAC, the City partners with many other organizations to provide other services.
- Health Care
- Youth Services
- Domestic Violence
- Good Shepherd’s Clothes Closet
- Catholic Charities of Northern Nevada
- Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission
- Washoe County Human Services Agency
- Reno Area Alliance for the Homeless
For general homeless and social services information please contact Nevada 211 by dialing 2-1-1 on your phone.
Community Homelessness Advisory Board
The Community Homelessness Advisory Board is comprised of elected representatives from the City of Reno, City of Sparks, and Washoe County. The board is tasked with providing input and making recommendations on homeless issues in the region. Meetings are open to the public.
Still have questions? Email email@example.com.