Reno Journeyman Electrician and Plumber Cards
are required to work or supervise on-site work within the City of Reno per Ordinance No. 6400, Effective December 1, 2016
EXCEPTIONS: 1) Homeowners, 2) Contractors working under their Superintendent/Builders' completed Residential Journeyman Compliance Agreement with the City, and 3) Out-of-State Journeyman for 1-year reciprocal grace period (sending out of state card proof to (email@example.com).
Superintendent/Builder (Type V construction only) looking to enact the Residential Journeyman Exception for your contractors? - Complete the Compliance Agreement, attach all copies of Journeyman cards to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Journeyman from OUT OF STATE?
ELECTRICIAN JOURNEYMAN RENEWALS
To renew a Reno Journeyman Electrical certificate, see the ICC Bulletin renewal requirements and complete their ICC renewal application. The ICC Bulletin may also be obtained by visiting www.iccsafe.org/certification-overview, or calling ICC directly 1-888-422-7233 ext. 5524. If your card expired in 2013 or earlier, the grace period ended May 2017 and a new application and exam is required by ICC.
PLUMBER JOURNEYMAN RENEWALS - The Nevada Board of Plumbing Examiners (NBOPE) processes all applications, renewals, and then provides to a third party (the National Inspection Testing Certification or NITC) to perform application approval and testing. First see the NITC's website for the Nevada Board of Plumbing Examiners (NBOPE) Journeyman & Master Plumber testing.
Other Questions not answered by the bulletin or NITC website? Feel free to contact:
- NBOPE Secretary Derick Stowell, 760 N. Lamb Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89110, email: email@example.com, phone 702-224-3021
Journeyman Electrical Applicants:
- Fill out the application for an Electrical Journeyman City of Reno application form, Attached documentation, and pay $10 required fees.
- Once staff approves proof of experience to take the test, you will receive the Letter of verification and a number to schedule the test through ICC.
- Schedule the test at date time through ICC/Pearson Vue. All testing, issuance of certificates, and renewals shall be processed to a mailing address Issued by the International Code Council
EXAMS Journeyman Electrical - Residential and Commercial
The Electrical Exam is based on the 2011 National Electric Code.
The test is open book and applicants must provide their own code books.
APPRENTICESHIPS AND APPRENTICE CARDS REQUIRED
Apprentice Electrical and Plumbing Certificates/Cards are also required. Any apprentice shall be an employee of a State of Nevada licensed electrician/Plumber, and shall be under his/her direct supervision, or that of a certified journeyman under like employment. Certificates are issued by a State of Nevada or Federally approved apprenticeship program.
State of Nevada Electrical and Plumbing Apprenticeship Programs:
- Electrical JATC of No. NV #401, 4635 Longley Lane #108, Reno 89502, (775) 358-4301 or Toll Free: (866) 548-7901
- Associated Builders & Contractors Sierra NV Chapter, 240 South Rock Blvd #121, Reno 89502, (775) 358-7888
- Electrical JATC of No. NV #357, 620 Leigon Way, Las Vegas 89110, (702)459-7949
- Associated Builders & Contractors Las Vegas, 5070 South Arville Street, Ste. 6, Las Vegas 89118, (702) 227-0536
- No. Plumbers Local 350 JATC, 1150 Greg Street, Sparks 89431, (775) 359-2229 or Toll Free: (866) 202-2024
- Associated Builders & Contractors Sierra NV Chapter, 240 South Rock #121, Reno 89502, (775) 358-7888
- Plumbers Heating Cooling Contractors (PHCC), 271 Sunpac, Henderson, NV 89011 (702) 252-016
- So. Plumbers Local 525 JATC750 Leigon Way, Las Vegas 89110 (702) 459-3473