Biggest Little City

Privileged Business License

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Rules and regulations for a Privileged Business License can be found in Reno Municipal Code Chapters 4 and 5.

A Commercial Business License Application and Privileged Business License Application must be returned to the City of Reno Business License Division. The Personal History Statement (with the last two pages notarized), must be turned in along with your paid receipt to:

Reno Police Department
Work Applicant Unit
455 East 2nd Street
Reno, Nevada


Privileged licenses involve varying fees for alcohol, gaming, etc., please call
775-334-2090 to verify what your individual fees would be.

Download Guide for Privileged Business License Application
Download Privileged Business License Application
Download Personal History Statement

Download Protect Your Privileged Liquor License.

Businesses serving alcohol under a Privileged Business License are required to post a sign near the exit informing patrons of the Open Container Law. The City offers this Model Sign to bring your business into compliance with the law.

Effective July 1, 2007, Nevada Revised Statute 369.630 requires owners or operators of liquor establishments who hire or employ persons to sell or serve alcoholic beverages, or act as security guards at such establishments to complete a State certified Alcohol Awareness Program and hold a valid alcohol education card. For more information contact the Nevada Department of Taxation's Liquor Tax Section at (775) 684-2122.



Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer
View Full Site