About the Business License Division
The mission of the Business License Division is to guide customers through the process of starting or expanding a business in the City while building ongoing relationships to support business in our community. To get started, read about the license application process and get additional answers in our Frequently Asked Questions section. The City of Sparks and Washoe County license separately. Please contact them if you plan to conduct business in their jurisdiction.
Reno City Hall
Business License Division - 2nd Floor
1 East First Street | Reno | NV | 89501
Mail to: P.O. Box 1900 | Reno | NV | 89505
Monday - Friday | 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Phone: 775-334-2090 | Fax: 775-334-1212
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the complexity and volume of calls received, you may experience a lengthy delay before your call is answered. All calls are answered in the order they are received.
- Draft Title 5 Marijuana Establishment Proposed Regulations
- Draft Title 18 Text Amendment for Marijuana Establishments
- Notice of Public Workshop, Hearing and Request for Comment on Proposed Marijuana Establishment Regulations
- Business Impact Statement - Medical Marijuana Establishments and Marijuana Establishments Licenses
Business First Program
Through our Business First Program, we accept appointments to allow business owners the ability to meet face-to-face with essential resources to facilitate the business licensing process. Learn more about the Business First Program!
- Annual licenses that expired February 28, 2018 are due for renewal on or before April 29, 2018.
- Quarterly licenses expire at the end of each calendar quarter and are due for renewal within the 15 days after the expiration date.
- Telecommunications licenses expire at the end of each calendar quarter and are due for renewal within the 30 days after the expiration date.
Stay in touch and sign-up for business license news and updates.
What We Do
The Business License Division assists the public by ensuring businesses operating within Reno are properly licensed and are compliant with all applicable codes, regulations and health, safety and zoning requirements. This process includes coordinating license application review and approvals from all appropriate agencies. In addition, the license team answers inquiries for existing licensees, follows-up on the approval and issues business license certificates. We also have an enforcement and investigations unit that receives and follows-up on written business complaints.
Multi-Jurisdictional License Process
If you are a business owner who plans to conduct business, or offer your business services, within Reno, Sparks and/or Washoe County, you will need a separate business license for each jurisdiction. Now you can use the "Multi-Jurisdictional License Process" (pdf) to apply for licensing for each jurisdictions at your home jurisdiction. For example, if your business location is in Reno (and you plan to conduct business in Sparks as well) you can visit Reno's business license office and apply and pay a combined licensing fee without having to make a separate trip to Sparks!