The City of Reno is now accepting electronic submittal of building permit applications and plans for residential construction, residential solar, and sign permits. Applications, forms, and instructions are provided below.
For all other types of building permits, please use these applications and submit in person at Reno City Hall. The City plans to expand opportunities for electronic submittal for other types of building permits in the near future.
Electronic Submittal Requirements and Guidelines
Please view the Electronic Permit Submittal Business Rules and Process for how to prepare your building permit application and plans. Following these guidelines will help avoid delays in processing your application.
- Residential Construction and Solar Building Permit Application
- Residential Construction Repeat Building Permit Application
- Sign Application
May be required with applications, depending on the project:
- Single Family Master Permit Variation Matrix
- Sewer Will Serve Request
- Owner-Builder Affidavit of Exemption
- Demolition Information and Bond Form
- Special Inspections
- One and Two Family Dwellings
- Residential Site Plan Checklist
- Residential Swimming Pool Checklist
- Manufactured Home Guidelines
- Type of Construction and Occupancy Group
Electronic Submission Workshops
The City of Reno will be holding workshops to provide training and additional information on the electronic building permit application and plan submittal process. Beginning July 11, 2019, through to the end of 2019, these workshops will be held every Thursday from 2:30-4 p.m. at Reno City Hall in the large conference room on the 6th floor. Please join us and bring your questions!
Check out the current codes that are in effect for City of Reno building permits.