The City of Reno is now accepting electronic submittal of all building permit applications and plans. Applications, forms, and instructions are provided below.
If you are planning to submit paper plans, please use these applications and submit in person at Reno City Hall.
Please view the Electronic Permit Submittal Business Rules and Process for how to prepare your building permit application and plans for the different permit types listed below. Following the guidelines will help avoid delays in processing your application.
- Commercial Building Permit Application
- Residential Building Permit Application
- Residential Repeat Building Permit Application
- Fire Sprinkler/Suppression/Alarm Permit Application
- Grading/Site Improvements Permit Application
- Commercial Solar & EV Chargers
- Residential Solar & EV Chargers
The following permits do not require plan review and may be applied for and will be issued directly through the ONE Regional Licensing and Permits site.
Please review the EZ Permits Procedures to guide you through the permitting process.
(One- and Two- Family Dwellings)
(Including Apartments and Condos)
May be required with applications, depending on the project:
- Single Family Master Permit Variation Matrix
- Sewer Will Serve Request
- Owner-Builder Affidavit of Exemption
- Demolition Information and Bond Form
- Demolition Review
- Special Inspections
- Sewer Fixture Weighting Sheet
Electronic Submission Workshops - Temporarily postponed until April 9, 2020.
Need information on how to apply for a building permit online? The City of Reno offers free weekly training sessions on the electronic building permit and plan submittal process. Through May 2020, the sessions are scheduled on Thursdays from 2:30-4 p.m. They are held at Reno City Hall on the 6th Floor in the large conference room. RSVP to Plans Examiner Daniela Monteiro.
Check out the current codes that are in effect for City of Reno building permits.