The City of Reno is now accepting electronic submittal of all building permit applications and plans. Applications, forms, and instructions are provided below.
If you are planning to submit paper plans, please use these applications and submit in person at Reno City Hall.
Please view the Electronic Permit Submittal Business Rules and Process for how to prepare your building permit application and plans for the different permit types listed below. Following the guidelines will help avoid delays in processing your application.
- Commercial Building Permit Application
- Residential Building Permit Application
- Residential Repeat Building Permit Application
- Fire Sprinkler/Suppression/Alarm Permit Application
You may also apply for Sign, and Solar & EV Chargers permits directly through the ONE Regional Licensing and Permits site. Please review the guidelines provided below to help you through the process.
- Business Rules and Process for:
- Commercial Solar & EV Chargers
- Residential Solar & EV Chargers
May be required with applications, depending on the project:
- Single Family Master Permit Variation Matrix
- Sewer Will Serve Request
- Owner-Builder Affidavit of Exemption
- Demolition Information and Bond Form
- Special Inspections
- One and Two Family Dwellings
- Residential Site Plan Checklist
- Residential Swimming Pool Checklist
- Manufactured Home Guidelines
- Type of Construction and Occupancy Group
Electronic Submission Workshops
Need information on how to apply for a building permit online? The City of Reno offers free weekly training sessions on the electronic building permit and plan submittal process. Through May 2020, the sessions are scheduled on Thursdays from 2:30-4 p.m. They are held at Reno City Hall on the 6th Floor in the large conference room. RSVP to Plans Examiner Daniela Monteiro.
Check out the current codes that are in effect for City of Reno building permits.