Reno Journeyman Electrician and Plumber Cards
Required to work or supervise on-site work within the City of Reno per Ordinance No. 6400, Effective December 1, 2016.
Apprenticeships and Apprentice Cards Required
Apprentice Electrical and Plumbing Certificates/Cards are also required. Certificates are issued by a State of Nevada or Federally approved apprenticeship program. Any apprentice shall be an employee of a State of Nevada licensed electrician/Plumber, and shall be under his/her direct supervision, or that of a certified journeyman under like employment. Journeyman should be on-site supervising the work, immediately available for inspectors.
- Contractors working Type V construction only and on their Superintendent/Builders' completed Residential Journeyman Compliance Agreement (Superintendent sends agreement, Journeyman cards, and job locations worked to email@example.com), (1 journeyman to 6 apprentices), and ensure 16 hrs/year of Continuing Education is required for all apprentices working under the exception.
- Out-of-State Journeyman for 1-year reciprocal grace period by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of a valid out-of-state Journeyman cards along with all local job locations worked.
Upcoming Electrical Training - IAEI Training in Sparks, NV August 2018
Journeyman Renewals and Applicants for Exams
ELECTRICIANS - If your card expired in 2013 or earlier, the grace period ended May 2017 and a new application and exam is required by ICC. Process questions can be answered on the Certificate Overview webpage from ICC.
The Electrical Exam is based on the 2011 National Electric Code. The test is open book and applicants must provide their own code books.
- Complete this (fillable) Application for Journeyman Electrician Exam, attach documentation, payment for $10 required fee and submit package to Building & Safety on 2nd floor for approval.
- Once staff approves proof of experience to take the test, you will receive the Letter of verification and a number to schedule the test through ICC.
- Schedule the test at date time through ICC/Pearson Vue and make sure to include "IC" and your Eligibility number such as IC1234567. All testing, issuance of certificates, and renewals shall be processed to a mailing address Issued by the International Code Council
State of Nevada ELECTRICAL Apprenticeship Programs:
- Electrical JATC of No. NV #401, 4635 Longley Lane #108, Reno 89502, (775) 358-4301 or Toll Free: (866) 548-7901
- Associated Builders & Contractors Sierra NV Chapter, 240 South Rock Blvd #121, Reno 89502, (775) 358-7888
- Electrical JATC of No. NV #357, 620 Leigon Way, Las Vegas 89110, (702)459-7949
- Associated Builders & Contractors Las Vegas, 5070 South Arville Street, Ste. 6, Las Vegas 89118, (702) 227-0536
PLUMBERS - The renewal grace period expired December 2016. The Nevada Board of Plumbing Examiners (NBOPE) processes all applications, renewals, and a third party (the National Inspection Testing Certification or NITC) approves applications and testing. Passing applicants will receive their cards from the NBOPE. Process Questions can be answered on the Nevada Board of Plumbing Examiners (NBOPE) Journeyman & Master Plumber testing webpage by NITC.
The Plumbing Journeyman Exam is based on the 2012 Uniform Plumbing Code and is open book. Journeyman Plumbing Code Bulletin (NITC).
Other Journeyman Plumber Questions not answered by the bulletin or NITC website? Feel free to contact: NBOPE Secretary Derick Stowell, 760 N. Lamb Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89110, email: email@example.com, phone 702-224-3021
Upcoming Plumbing Training:
State of Nevada PLUMBING Apprenticeship Programs:
- Plumbing Heating Cooling Contractors of Nevada (PHCC), 271 Supac Avenue, Henderson, NV 89011 (702) 252-0166. Currently accepting apprentice applicants for their Sparks meeting location.
- Medical Gas Installers Seminar -June 2018 in Henderson, NV
- No. Plumbers Local 350 JATC, 1150 Greg Street, Sparks 89431, (775) 359-2229 or Toll Free: (866) 202-2024
- Associated Builders & Contractors Sierra NV Chapter, 240 South Rock #121, Reno 89502, (775) 358-7888
- So. Plumbers Local 525 JATC750 Leigon Way, Las Vegas 89110 (702) 459-3473