Listed below are the various planning and engineering applications that are routinely submitted to the City of Reno. Some applications may be submitted at any time, while others are only accepted on specified "intake" dates. For specific information about the intake process, please see the Planning Intake Dates page. The Master Plan Amendment applications are only accepted on four (4) dates. For questions regarding this information, please contact the Planner of the Day.
The following applications are accepted on specific intake dates and must be submitted with the appropriate fee(s). Applications may be submitted early, but those submitted after 3:00 p.m. on the intake date will be processed with the next intake cycle.
**Please do not submit to the City of Reno any of the application procedures. These procedures are informational only and are not to be included with the submitted application.
**Depending on the project, not all of the checklist items may be needed. Please submit only the completed required documents. For any questions, please call the Planner of the Day.
**If the project is located in a Cooperative Planning Area, other application requirements must be met. Please call the Planner of the Day.
**Please print and fill out the appropriate fee sheet below, and submit with the appropriate application.**
- Planning/Engineering Application Service Charges - effective 7-01-19
For additional information on whether a Washoe County Health Department permit is needed or for questions regarding Washoe County Health Department fees, please call (775) 328-2434 or visit the Washoe County Environmental Health Services web pages.
Applications Accepted Only on Intake Dates
- Abandonment (PDF) - revised 08-01-19
- Annexation (PDF) - revised 08-01-19
- Special Use Permit (PDF)
- Tentative Map (PDF)
- Variance (PDF)
- Zone Change (PDF) - revised 08-01-19
- Master Plan Amendment (PDF) - revised 08-01-19
Applications Accepted During Normal Business Hours
- Minor Deviation (PDF)
- Boundary Line Adjustment (PDF)
- Parcel Map or Reversion to Acreage (PDF)
- Request for Sewer Connection (PDF)
- Site Plan Review (PDF)
- Outdoor Dining Permit Application (PDF) - updated 05-30-2019
- Marijuana Establishment (RME) - Zoning Verification Letter Application (PDF) - NEW 06-19-2018
- Ordinance 6335 (PDF) addresses Medical Marijuana Establishments
- Fiscal Impact Analysis Guidelines
- Bond, Letter of Credit or Cash Security Release Checklist (PDF)
- Restoration, Landscaping, Revegetation Improvements Cash Security (PDF)
- Landscaping/Revegetation Irrevocable Letter of Credit (PDF)
- Restoration, Landscaping and Revegetation Bond (PDF)
- Cash Refund Request Form (PDF)
Appeal forms may be submitted during normal business hours at the City Clerk's Office.