These documents may be obtained at the City of Reno Community Development Department, One East First Street, 2nd Floor, Reno, Nevada 89501. These fees were the most current when posted, but could change without notice. For questions, please contact the Community Development Department at (775) 334-2063.
This public information is furnished by the City of Reno, Community Development Department and should be accepted and used by the recipient with the understanding the data received was developed and collected for specific purposes only. There is not any liability assumed as to the accuracy, sufficiency or suitability of the information contained herein for any other particular use. The City of Reno Community Development Department does not assumes any liability whatsoever associated with the use or misuse of such data.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - updated 10/24/2019
On January 1, 2019, the supplemental and miscellaneous fee schedules will be changing. Also, the ICC Building Valuation Data - August 2017 will become effective. The August 2017 table should be in effect through June 30, 2020. On July 1, 2020, the February 2020 table should become effective. It is anticipated the table should then be updated yearly with the February table for that year.
The Regional Road Impact Fees will be changing. Please visit the RTC Engineering & Construction web page for more information.
Development Review Fees and Service Charges
Development review fees and service charges for the City of Reno and the Washoe County Health Department are required to be paid with one (1) check made payable to the City of Reno.
Due to the on-going review of the various fee schedules, fee schedules may change including building permit fees, fire fees, planning and engineering fees, traffic impact fees, and health fees. Please visit the Washoe County Health Department fees web pages for any Health Department fee questions. For other questions about the various fee schedules or links listed below, please call (775) 334-2063.
Engineering Application Charges
- Please see the Engineering Division Documents page.
- Planning/Engineering Application Service Charges - effective 07-01-19
Excavation and Encroachment Permit Charges
Fire Protection Plan Review and Construction Fees
Depending on the type of fire permit, there may be additional fees based on valuation. Please see the Valuation Plan Check & Building Permit Fees (effective 01-01-19) schedule included in the fee package. For any questions, please contact the Fire Department at (775) 334-2300.
Plan Review and Building Permit Charges
- Valuation Plan Check and Building Permit Fees - effective 01-01-19, updated 01-06-19
- New/Remodel Construction Fire Review and Inspection Fees - coming soon
Depending on the type of fire permit, there may be additional fees based on valuation. Please see the Valuation Plan Check & Building Permit Fees schedule included in the fee package.
- Grading Plan Review/Permit Fees - effective 01-01-19
- Park Fees/Temporary Certificate of Occupancy
- Regional Road Impact Fees - effective 7-01-18
- Regional Road Impact Fees will be changing. Please visit the RTC Engineering & Construction web page for more information.
- Sewer Connection Fee Schedule - updated 04-23-19
- Sewer Fixture Weighting Sheet - updated 12-17-18
- Building Valuation Data - August 2017 - effective 01-01-19
Planning Application Service Charges
- Planning/Engineering Application Service Charges - effective 7-1-19