Building Permit Applications
Once completing a Reno building permit application, check the application status online, pay fees online, and more on the ONE Regional Licensing and Permitting portal OneNV.us. (Online applications are coming soon).
Residential/Remodel Building Permit Application (FILLABLE) - Please fill in all the blanks and bring a signed, printed version along with your plans.
Sign Permit Application (FILLABLE)
- ONLY for Residential or Commercial permits when no physical plans are needed and no visit to City Hall required (such as Reroof, HVAC replacement, Water heaters, Easy electrical and plumbing).
Grading/Site Improvements Permit Application - NAC 278.340 (Construction prohibited until final map approved. (NRS 439.200, 445A.855, 445A.860) The developer shall not perform any construction on the site of a subdivision, except that necessary to evaluate the subdivision, until the Division or local agency approves the final map. [Bd. of Health, Subdiv., Condo., & PUD Reg. § 31, eff. 9-15-82] - (NAC A by
Other Forms may be required in addition to the permit application:
- Building Permit Review - NonResidential
- Demolition Review
- RFD High-Piled Combustible Storage Requirements and Worksheet
- Special Inspections
- Owner-Builder Information and Exemption Form
Please view the ordinances and other pertinent information for plan submittal and ensure the type of construction and occupancy group information are included on the application. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or (775) 334-2063 with questions.
Building Code / Checklists:Currently the 2012 I-Codes are being used. The Northern Nevada chapter of the International Code Council is currently working to review the 2018 I-Codes, online calendar. The next formal Code Amendment Process will occur in 2018.
Checklists to better understand complicated requirements:
- Baby/Diaper Changing Table policy and checklist
- Demolition Checklist and Bond form
- Residential Site Plan Checklist
- Rooftop HVAC replacement Checklist
- Steps to take an Existing Elevator to Inactive Status
- Swimming Pool Checklist
For any other questions, email BldgReview@reno.gov