The Internal Auditor provides the City of Reno with a full-time, independent appraisal function designed to assist the Reno City Council, citizens, and City management in establishing accountability, transparency, and a culture of continuous improvement in City operations. To achieve this mission, we conduct performance audits and complete special projects.
Independence & Objectivity
Inherent to the profession, Internal Auditors are required to be independent and objective. While remaining free of any influences, we are able to provide objective and credible information to the City Council, the citizens, and City management. Internal Audit reports functionally to the City Council and administratively to the City Manager.
- City of Reno earned the prestigious national 2017 Exemplary Knighton Award for best performance audit in the Extra Small Shop category
- Building Permitting Process Audit Report (August 2018)
- Executive Turnover Audit Report (#18-02)
- Management Policies and Procedures Audit (November 2017)
- Cash Handling, Part B - Cash Procedures & Testing (July 2017)
- Cash Handling, Part A - Petty Cash Testing (May 2017)
- Fleet Operations (March 2017)