The Internal Audit function provides the City of Reno with a full-time, independent appraisal function designed to assist the Reno City Council, citizens, and City management in establishing accountability, transparency, and a culture of continuous improvement in City operations. To achieve this mission, we conduct performance audits and complete special projects.
Independence & Objectivity
Inherent to the profession, Internal Auditors are required to be independent and objective. While remaining free of any influences, we are able to provide objective and credible information to the City Council, the citizens, and City management. Internal Audit reports administratively to the City Manager and functionally to both the City Council and the Financial Advisory Board.
- City of Reno earned the prestigious national 2017 Exemplary Knighton Award for best performance audit in the Extra Small Shop category
- 20-01 Public Works Inventory Control - Corp Yard Audit
- 19-02 Sewer Fund Internal Controls Audit
- 19-01 Reno Municipal Court Minimum Accounting Standards Audit – FY18
- 18-04 Special Events Audit
- 18-03 Building Permitting Process Audit
- 18-02 Executive Turnover Audit
- 18-01 Management Policies and Procedures Audit
- 17-03 Cash Handling Part B - Cash Procedures & Testing
- 17-03 Cash Handling Part A - Petty Cash Testing
- 17-01 Fleet Operations