Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Where is the City Attorney's office located?

The Reno City Attorney's Office is located on the Third floor of Reno City Hall at 1 East First Street. Directions.

I have a legal question/problem, who can I speak to?

The State Bar of Nevada offers a free, non-profit, Lawyer Referral and Information Service (LRIS) for the community. If you feel you need an attorney but are not sure who to turn to, LRIS attorneys agree not to charge LRIS clients more than $45 for an initial consultation. The State Bar also offers a series of 13 free brochures, most of which are available in English and Spanish.

Where can I find City Ordinances?

The City Clerk's Office maintains, updates, and publishes the Reno Municipal Code (RMC). Copies of the Code are found in most local public libraries and is also available on the Municode website.

How do I file a claim for damages against the City?

Claims for damages against the City must be filed with the City's Risk Manager or the City Clerk's Office within the applicable statute of limitations. A claim form can be obtained by calling 775-334-2030. You can also obtain a Claim for Damages form by visiting the City Clerk's Office located in Reno City Hall at 1 East First Street, Reno, NV 89501.

I am having difficulty with my landlord. Where can I find assistance?

The following organization may be able to help:
Northern Nevada Apartment Association 775-322-6622

Where should I take complaints about the City?

Complaints should be directed to Reno Direct by email at renodirect@cityofreno.com or by calling 334-INFO (334-4636). Because other City departments are not supervised by the City Attorney's Office, the City Attorney can typically address complaints only about its own employees.