Voters elected Naomi to the Ward 2 Reno City Council seat in November 2014.
Naomi first came to Reno when she was 20 to visit her father who had moved here after a brief visit. Like him, and many visitors to Reno, she also fell in love with the area and made it her home.
In her first term as Council Member, Naomi will use her experience as a successful business owner, dedicated public servant, along with her “get things done” attitude, to build on the strengths of our community. She will support and strengthen homegrown businesses, strategically market to individuals, communities, and companies who love what we have and get them here. She will also promote smart growth and careful management of our precious natural resources.
Naomi served the community as the Nevada State Water Planner, as Director of the Truckee River Flood Management Project, and on the boards of the Mackay School of Mines, DRI, the Nevada Diabetes Association, the Ward 2 Neighborhood Advisory Board, and many others.
As the State Water Planner, Naomi worked to develop the first state water plan in 25 years. The plan got a standing ovation during a joint session of the legislature, when Democrats controlled one house and Republicans the other.
As former Executive Director of the Truckee River Flood Project, Naomi got local governments to come together to sign a joint powers agreement, and achieved more than 600 unanimous votes during her six years there. During her tenure, the Flood Project secured millions in funding and contributions, finished four major construction projects, and developed many more. These projects will not only help prevent costly flooding but will also put hundreds of people to work.
- Debt Management Commission
- Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada – alternate
- Regional Planning Governing Board
- Reno Arts & Culture Commission
- Reno City Council Subcommittee on Council Rules & Regulations
- Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority – alternate
- Smarter Region Economic Development Vision Subcommittee – alternate
- Truckee Meadows Water Authority
- Urban Forestry Commission
- Ward 2 Neighborhood Advisory Board
- Western Regional Water Commission