David Bobzien was appointed to the At Large Council Member seat on December 3, 2014 by the Reno City Council. He filled the seat vacated by Hillary Schieve who won election as Mayor and was elected to the At Large seat in November 2016.
Mr. Bobzien was born in Washington, D.C. and holds a B.A. in Government and Politics from George Mason University and a Masters of Public Administration with an emphasis in Natural Resources and Public Lands Policy from Boise State University.
For the last 15 years Mr. Bobzien has dedicated himself to serving the residents of Reno, beginning with his service on the City of Reno Recreation and Parks Commission.
He most recently served four terms as Assemblyman, District 24 in the Nevada Legislature from November, 2006 until being appointed to the Reno City Council. He has a long history of partnership with the City of Reno on legislative issues, including establishing a special license plate to benefit Reno recreation and parks; bicycling safety; strengthening penalties for illegal dumping; assisting in combating blight and many other initiatives.
He knows the value of collaboration and a spirit of cooperation and problem solving for the benefit of our community. He’s excited about the strides Reno has made and looks forward to achieving even greater prosperity in the years to come.
Councilmember Bobzien was recently appointed to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Local Government Advisory Committee. His role on the committee will be to advise the EPA on the challenges and opportunities national policy present to state and local governments. He is the lone Nevadan on the committee.
In his spare time, he enjoys a range of outdoor recreational pursuits, including running, hunting, fly fishing, and spending time with his three children, twin sons Luca and Finnegan and daughter Carly.
- Capital Projects Surcharge Advisory Subcommittee
- Community Assistance Center Transitional Governing Board
- Downtown Maintenance District Advisory Committee
- Historical Resources Commission
- Nevada League of Cities - Board of Directors
- Oversight Panel for School Facilities
- Regional Planning Governing Board
- Regional Transportation Commission
- Sierra Arts Foundation
- Smarter Region Economic Development Vision Subcommittee
- Truckee Meadows Water Authority - alternate
- Truckee River Flood Management Authority