The Recreation and Parks Commission reviews acquisition and development plans for the City's park system and maintenance practices of the park system. The Commission also reviews recreation programs and makes recommendations to the City Council.
The Recreation and Parks Commission is appointed by the City Council, and consists of 9 voting members who reside within the City of Reno. Members of the Recreation and Parks Commission are appointed for terms of three years.
The purposes of the Recreation and Parks Commission include advising and making recommendations to the City Council and Director of Parks, Recreation and Community Services regarding:
- Promote, aid and encourage public recreation, including the acquisition and development of recreation and park facilities.
- Maintenance, development, finance and operation of all City-owned or operated recreation areas and facilities, and developing rules and regulations governing the use of those facilities.
- Establish time schedules for acquisition, lease, dedication or exchange of lands for recreation or park purposes, and the development of park and recreation master plans, site plans, and operating plans..
- Annual budgets for recreation and park facilities, programs, and special events.
- Use and availability of facilities, rates, tolls and charges for services.
- Financial advocate for recreation program services, so that it may receive adequate support from public officials, citizens, businesses, non-government organizations, and maintenance operation.
The Recreation and Parks Commission meets in the evenings on the Third Tuesday of each month for approximately 2 hours. Additional special meetings and subcommittee work may be involved.
|Recreation and Parks Commission||08/20/2019 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM||Not Included|
|Recreation and Parks Commission||09/17/2019 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM||Not Included|
|Recreation and Parks Commission||10/15/2019 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM||Not Included|
|Recreation and Parks Commission||11/19/2019 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM||Not Included|