On January 14, 2019, Department of Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao addressed attendees to the Transportation Research Board (TRB) 98th Annual Meeting on the future of Transportation. In her remarks, Secretary Chao highlighted the DOT / FAA Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Traffic Management (UTM) Pilot Program (UPP) awardees, which included the FAA-designated State of Nevada UAS Test Site.
On August 1, 2019, the FAA concluded its UTM/UPP with the State of Nevada, Nevada Institute for Autonomous Systems (NIAS), the FAA-designated UAS Test Site, and UPP partner companies.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) website
- Nevada Institute for Autonomous Systems
- Nevada Holds Top Rating In Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) For Second Consecutive Year - October 8, 2019
- The State of Nevada, City of Reno, Las Vegas, Henderson, Searchlight, NIAS and Nevada partners complete historic FAA Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM) Pilot Program - September 5, 2019
- NIAS and NASA to resume drone testing in downtown Reno - June 12, 2019
- NIAS and NASA to conduct drone testing in downtown Reno - May 7, 2019
- FAA-Designated Nevada UAS Test Site Selected For 2019 NASA Unmanned Traffic Management Capstone Operation - February 15, 2019
- State of Nevada Unmanned Aircraft System Test Site Selected for Milestone DOT / FAA UAS Traffic Management Pilot Program - January 14, 2019
The Nevada (Smart Silver State) UPP partners include: AiRXOS a GE venture, ANRA Technologies, WhiteFox Defense, Iris Automation, Drone America, Praxis Aerospace Concepts International, Inc., UltiSat, Inc., AviSight, Deseret-UAS/USU, Telesis, Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority, the Cities of Reno and Henderson, Town of Laughlin, and international partners Unifly and Institute of Aviation, Warsaw (ILOT).
Tells us what you think
We welcome input and participation from Washoe County residents. Please visit the links below:
- Provide general feedback or comments regarding the City of Reno UAS testing involvement
- Sign up to receive regular updates via email
Members of the news media can use our media request form to submit an inquiry regarding the UAS testing programs that are occurring with the City of Reno.