In Nov. 2012, the Reno City Council approved a franchise agreement to facilitate implementation of a single-stream recycling program. For an overview of the program, click on the Frequently Asked Questions link below or check out Waste Management's single-stream recycling website.
The new program began in Feb. 2014 and has changed existing garbage and recycling services. Important changes include: mandatory cart service, an additional cart for recyclable materials (no more yellow and green crates), additional recyclable material accepted, elimination of extra bags, implementation of extra waste sticker program, four free trips to transfer station and creation of a new EcoCenter.
Waste Management recommends customers keep the carts delivered for at least 120 days before requesting a different option. If the carts you have received are not meeting your needs, you can call WM customer service at 775-329-8822 and request a different option.
- Waste Management Changes to Trash and Recycling Services in Reno
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Report a complaint regarding Waste Management
Rules and Regulations
- Reno Collection Ordinance
- Reno Disposal Ordinance
- Waste Management Residential Agreement
- Waste Management Residential Rates
- Animal Resistant Cart Service
- Waste Management Commercial Agreement
- Waste Management Disposal Agreement
- Commercial Rates
- Landscaping Materials
- Summary of Solid Waste and Recyclable Materials
The City of Reno has been working to improve your ability to recycle. You can help the effort by reviewing the Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful Recycling Guide which outlines the specifics of curbside recycling and gives you details on where you can recycle or dispose of other unwanted materials.
For information on this and other recycling programs refer to the recycling guide above or please contact the Nevada Recycling Hotline (NDEP) at 1-800-597-5865 or check the web at NevadaRecycles.nv.gov