Reno Resilience is the City of Reno’s sustainability and climate initiative that reflects the city’s longstanding commitment to creating a more livable and sustainable community. It also embodies our commitment to reduce local greenhouse gas emissions and enhance resilience to climate change. Sustainability principles are reinforced in citywide goals and policies contained in ReImagine Reno, the City of Reno Master Plan as well as the more specific strategies being explored as part of the city’s Sustainability and Climate Action Plan.
Through Reno Resilience the city will engage residents and businesses in our efforts to create a more sustainable future and strengthen our capacity to thrive. Our efforts reflect the values and aspirations of our community and support our city leaders’ mission to create a community that we are all proud to call home. Our community is a place of beauty, and together we can preserve that beauty for the next generation.
Our activities include:
- Develop and implement Reno’s sustainability and climate action plan
- Measure and monitor our progress toward goals and priorities
- Serve as a resource to our community
- Educate and engage residents and businesses
- Foster relationships and partnerships for greater regional outcomes