Special Events in the City of Reno
All special events held on public property (street, sidewalks, and Reno parks) are cancelled through April 30, 2020 due to Covid-19 precautions. All special activities held on private property are canceled through April 18, 2020. The Business Licencing Office and the Arts, Culture and Events Office are not accepting any applications during this period. You can find more information on what the City is doing to prevent the Covid-19 at this link.
The City of Reno is a city that celebrates and supports special events. We believe that events enhance the vitality, quality of life, and economic prosperity of the City of Reno. The Special Events Office works to grow Reno’s current tourism base, attract new visitors and encourage community events that add to the local quality of life.
- Special Events In-kind Sponsorships DEADLINE EXTENDED DUE Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 5p.m.
- Current Road and Lane Closures
- Free Speech Zones in Wingfield Park
- Free Speech Zones in Idlewild Park
- Free Speech Zones in Downtown Reno
For special Events on public property and parks in Reno, Film Permits and Residential Block Parties.
Special Events HOTLINE
Call or text your event onsite issues/complaints - 775-432-0487.
Event planning questions
- Kacee Matthewson, Special Events Assistant
- Alexis Hill, Arts, Culture and Events Manager
If you wish to have your event in a park, please reserve your permit through the Parks and Recreation Department first:
- Parks and Recreation Department: 775-657-4654
After you reserve your park please fill out the special event applications on this page and send to Kacee Matthewson.
Permits for events on private property (Special Activity):
- Business License Division