The City of Reno (Reno) has various infrastructure and facility projects that are programmed over the next few years. Projects may include plan review, street rehabilitation, storm drainage, park development, facility remodels, new facility construction, sanitary sewer rehabilitation, lift station rehabilitation, effluent reuse, asbestos abatement and others.
The purpose of the Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) process is to qualify consultants for Engineer of Record and Materials Testing services for the City of Reno, and to establish a ranked list of consultants interested in providing engineering and consultant services for the City of Reno for categories which we anticipate projects in the next few years.
SOQs are also requested for various categories which do not have potential projects identified at this time but may arise in the future. Those lists are unranked and SOQs will be evaluated at the time that the project is identified.
In general, projects could be assigned in several different ways:
- An individual project may be assigned to the top eligible firm on the ranked list for the service category,
- The three top eligible firms from a ranked list could be invited for short interviews to determine which firm's qualifications best match project needs,
- Three eligible firms from an unranked list may be evaluated and/or invited for short interviews to determine which firm's qualifications best match the project needs, or
- Reno may issue a RFP and solicit responses for individual projects from all interested firms nationwide, independent of the SOQ lists.
The deadline to submit SOQs for all categories shall be no later than 4:30 Local Time, December 20, 2019, after which SOQ submittals will not be accepted. Postmarks with December 20, 2019 or earlier will also be acceptable.
Please check this website often for information regarding future requests for SOQs, and sign up for email alerts.
SOQs are required to be submitted on the City of Reno Statement of Qualification forms. Each firm shall submit one (1) CD or Flash Drive containing all submissions in PDF format. Clearly label the CD or Flash Drive with the name of the firm and “SOQ 2020”. Additionally, submit five (5) paper copies of each Qualified or Ranked category. No paper copies are required for Unranked categories. Do not bind any submissions. Staple or binder clip all pages in the top left corner. Do not add photos or cover sheets. No e-mail submissions are allowed.
All submittals shall be mailed or hand delivered to:
Veronica Hee-Garcia, Management Assistant
City of Reno, Public Works Department
1 E. First St. 8th Floor (physical address)
PO Box 1900 (mailing address)
Reno, Nevada 89505
- Engineer of Record
- Materials Testing
- Additional Key Personnel Form (Use with Qualified/Ranked category only)
- Agency Representative Construction Manager
- Building Plan Review and Inspection Services
- Historic Preservation Consultant
- Permit Plan Review and Inspection Services
- Sanitary Sewer Collection Design - Excavation
- Sanitary Sewer Collection Design - Trenchless
- Sanitary Sewer Condition Assessment
- Street Rehabilitation
- Architectural Design
- Bidability and Constructability
- Construction Inspection
- Electrical Engineering and Design
- Elevator Consultant
- Engineering Plan Review
- Environmental Services
- Hydrology and Hydraulics (Flood Control and Drainage)
- Land Surveying
- Land Use Planning
- Landscape Architecture
- Lead and Asbestos Abatement
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Roofing Consultant
- Sanitary Sewer Capacity Analysis
- Sanitary Sewer Lift Station Design and Rehabilitation
- Storm Water Quality Field Implementation Services
- Storm Water Quality Management, Planning and Design Services
- Structural Design
- Structural Design-Seismic
- Traffic Engineering
- Unspecified Category
- Water Reclamation Facility General Design
- Water Reclamation Facility Project Management and Inspection
- Water Supply and Water Resources Engineering
- Watershed Restoration, River Restoration and Bioengineering
If you have any questions, please send your inquiries to Veronica Hee-Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (775) 334-1285.