City Seeks Input on Potential Text Amendment to the Development Agreement Section of the Reno Development Code
Post Date: June 25, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Reno is providing an additional opportunity to submit comments on the proposed draft ordinance amendment to Reno Municipal Code.
TXT20-00006 (Development Agreement) - A request has been made to amend Reno Municipal Code Title 18, specifically Chapter 18.20 (Development Agreements). This request is associated with the Title 18 Code Update "Renovation" and will propose revised text intended to facilitate the use of voluntary agreements as allowed pursuant to NRS 278.0201 through 278.0207, inclusive.
The draft Text Amendment under consideration includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Enhanced reference to NRS requirements.
- Removal of regional requirements and discretionary permits (PRS, SUP, PUD, and SPD requirements).
- Removal of text that is redundant of NRS requirements.
In an effort to protect public health, we are asking that all comments be submitted in writing, in lieu of a public workshop, to the Planning Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or via US Postal Service to the City of Reno, Planning Division, P.O. Box 1900, Reno, NV, 89505 by 5 p.m. on July 15, 2020.
Community Development News
City to Consider Potential Amendments to Packaged Alcoholic Beverage Regulations
Update Feb. 26, 2020
Following the Feb. 25 stakeholder meeting and input from the business community, the anticipated timeline for public hearings has been modified as listed below:
- March 13, 2020: Comment period ends at 5 p.m. Please provide any comments or concerns in writing for consideration by the Reno City Council. Please contact Heather Manzo at email@example.com or by calling (775) 334-2668 to discuss your concerns and/or to provide comment.
- April 1, 2020: Reno Planning Commission public hearing to discuss amendments to Title 18 for possible recommendation to the Reno City Council.
- April 22, 2020: Anticipated City Council consideration of the draft amendments.
Update Feb. 11, 2020
The City of Reno is seeking input on draft ordinance amendments to Reno Municipal Code (RMC) Title 5, Privileged Licenses and Title 18, Land Development Code, related to package alcoholic beverage and package wine and beer licensing regulations.
The changes apply to businesses with package alcoholic beverage licenses or package beer and wine licenses. The proposed ordinance amendments include, but are not limited to, enhancing public safety by better regulating package alcohol stores; providing the City with discretion to approve, deny, or approve applications with conditions; and establishing procedures to maintain land use compatibility. Additional standards are proposed for Downtown Reno, including new operational and safety standards, a fresh or perishable food requirement with certain exceptions, and an 18-month conformance period for Downtown businesses.
The community is invited to review the summary of proposed changes to RMC, the draft ordinance amendments, and the proposed Downtown Reno Restricted Package Alcohol License Area Map (also known as the cap area) as provided below (click below):
- Summary of City Council Direction and Potential Changes
- Draft Ordinance for Title 5 “Privileged Licenses, Permits and Franchises,” Chapter 5.07, entitled “Alcoholic Beverages”
- Draft Ordinance for Title 18 “Annexation and Land Development Code” modifications
- Proposed Downtown Reno Restricted Package Alcohol License Area Map
The meeting location is in Reno Council Chambers, 1 East First Street, Reno, NV 89501 unless otherwise noted):
- Feb. 25, 2020: A public workshop to review the proposed changes and provide comments is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020, at 5:30 p.m.
- March 4, 2020: Reno Planning Commission is scheduled to hold a public hearing to discuss amendments to Title 18 and to make a recommendation to City Council on the proposed changes.
- March 13, 2020: Comment period ends at 5 p.m. Please provide any comments or concerns in writing for consideration by the Reno City Council.
- March 25, 2020: Anticipated City Council consideration of the draft amendments (tentatively scheduled).
Please contact Heather Manzo at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (775) 334-2668 to discuss your concerns and/or to provide comment.
Updated information and anticipated timelines for this process will be made available on this page.