Free Regional Safety and Emergency Preparedness Expo to be held on June 21
The public is invited to celebrate National Safety Month at the free 2018 Regional Safety and Emergency Preparedness Expo on Thursday, June 21, 2018 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on City Plaza next to Reno City Hall.
Attendees will learn how to prepare for natural and man-made disasters and talk to experts about health and safety.
The expo will feature demonstrations by local first responders, including:
- 10 a.m. - “Black Rain” Nuclear Decontamination Exercise begins
- 11 a.m. - Rappelling demo down the south side of City Hall
- 12 p.m. - Vehicle extrication demo on 1st Street
- 1 p.m. - Water Entry Team (WET) river rescue demo in the Truckee River
- K-9 unit
- Bomb squad robots
Some of this year’s exhibitors include:
- Reno Fire Department
- Reno Police Department
- Amateur Radio Emergency Services
- American Red Cross
- Nevada Division of Emergency Management
- Nevada Safety Consultation and Training
- Regional Transportation Commission (RTC)
- Washoe County Emergency Management
- Washoe County Animal Services
- University of Nevada, Reno Seismic Lab
Popular local food trucks will also be at the event. Join the conversation on social media by using the hashtag #RenoWashoeSafety.