Street Vibrations Spring Rally Kicks off the first of Many Special Events for the Reno Police Department
On Friday June 2, 2017 the Street Vibrations Spring Rally kicks off the first of many on the large special events that will be in Reno and the Truckee Meadows this summer. The Reno Police Department is expecting increased crowds and lots of motorcycles in our area during this 3-day event. In preparation for this year’s rally, Reno Police will again provide event security by dedicating Officers to several venues throughout the city. Safety bollards will again be installed throughout the Downtown Reno venue which will prevent unwanted vehicular traffic in the interior of the event for the safety of spectators and participants.
As with any big event in our city, Reno Police want to remind event participants and citizens traveling in the Downtown area of some basic safety tips and laws.
- Motorcycle riders need to have a motorcycle endorsement on their state issued drivers license to legally drive on public roads in Nevada
- Anyone riding a motorcycle on public roads is required to wear a DOT approved helmet and protective eyewear if their motorcycle is not equipped with a windscreen
- Motorcycle riders from California and other states need to remember that splitting travel lanes is illegal in the State of Nevada
- Drivers of motor vehicles need to double check their mirrors for motorcyclists as they can quickly appear out of nowhere
- Ensure you park your motorcycle in a well lit and secure area
- Don’t drink and drive
There will also be street closures that could affect commuters and those traveling in certain areas of Reno. The only affected street will be Virginia Street north of 1st Street to 6th Street starting Thursday June 1st through Sunday June 4th.
For more information on motorcycle safety please go to youtu.be/VZZL2-hFUJ8.