Stuff a Bus to help local seniors in need
The Reno Senior Citizen Advisory Committee and Washoe County Senior Advisory Boards are partnering with the City of Reno, City of Sparks, Washoe County, Reno Aces Baseball Club and Reno 1868 FC, Regional Transportation Commission (RTC), Northern Nevada Food Bank, Nevada AARP, Nevada Health Link, Marshall Realty, Senior Care Plus, My Wedding Library and The Continuum to sponsor this year’s Stuff a Bus for Seniors Donation Drive starting Wednesday, May 18, 2017 and continuing through Wednesday, May 30, 2017 here in Washoe County.
Big, blue donation barrels will be placed at many sites from May 18 to May 30 throughout Washoe County for the community to drop new, unused items needed by our lowest income local seniors. Suggested donations are new sweatshirts and sweatpants, light jackets, electric fans with auto off switches, household and bathroom supplies and cleaning and laundry items, RTC bus passes and Taxibucks (rtcwashoe.com), adult diapers, gift cards from drugstores or other retailers, and personal hygiene items like toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, and deodorant. Financial contributions can be made by check to Washoe County Senior Services.
Donations can be dropped off from May 18 to 30 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m, Monday through Friday, in Stuff a Bus barrels at the following locations:
- Reno City Hall, 1st and 2nd floors - 1 East First Street, Reno
- Reno Fire Department, 4th floor - 1 East First Street, Reno
- Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center - 1301 Valley Road, Reno
- Teglia's Paradise Park Activity Center - 2745 Elementary Drive, Reno
- Neil Road Recreation Center - 3925 Neil Road, Reno
- Reno Police Department - 455 E. Second Street, Reno
- Sparks City Hall - 431 Prater Way, Sparks
- Sparks Senior Center - 97 Richards Way, Sparks
- Sparks Alf Sorensen Recreation Center - 1400 Baring Blvd., Sparks
- Washoe County Senior Center - 1001 E. Ninth Street, Building E, Reno
- Washoe County Human Services - 350 Center Street, Reno
- Washoe County Sheriff’s Office - 911 Parr Blvd., Reno
- Washoe County District Attorney’s Office, 4th floor - 1 S. Sierra Street, Reno
- Washoe County Administration - 1155 E. Ninth Street, Building A, Reno
- RTC Administrative Offices - 1105 Terminal Way, Reno
- The Continuum - 3700 Grant Drive, Reno
- My Wedding Library, Summit Mall - 13945 S. Virginia St., Suite 618, Reno
On Tuesday, May 30, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. — the last day of the donation drive — an RTC bus will be parked in front of Greater Nevada Field, 250 Evans St. in Reno, where the community can bring their donations to stuff the bus full. The Reno Aces Baseball Club and Reno 1868 FC soccer team will give two-for-one ticket vouchers for their upcoming home games to all donors. Come down and meet Archie, the Aces' mascot, and enjoy other family fun activities in front of the bus that afternoon. All new and unused donations will then be delivered to Washoe County social workers for distribution to seniors in need.