Recreation Centers - Facility Attendant II
- Salary/Pay Rate:$9.25 / hour
- Posted Date:09/17/2018
Position Location: Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center (may also include Plumas Gym)
- PRCS Specialist Band II
- Positions in this band may work somewhat independently. Work tasks have variety and require judgment.
Essential Functions & Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors building during rentals.
- Greets customers and provides customer service.
- Observes patron behavior and enforces policies, rules, regulations.
- Processes participant requests and incident reports.
- Keeps an orderly facility and customer service area.
- Reminds renters, event producers and guests of terms of agreement and conditions of use. As assigned, works the front desk using a computer to collect user fees, payments, registrations, and reservations for recreational facilities and programs, reserves facilities and processes credits, transfers and refunds.
- Performs record keeping on customer activities and staff work schedules as assigned.
- Provides information on department activities to the public.
- Inspects recreational facilities and equipment to insure proper maintenance and safe conditions.
- Performs light maintenance and litter pick up as needed.
- Sets up and dismantles equipment.
- Secures doors, windows and surrounding areas when departing facility.
- Conveys and exchanges verbal and written information.
- Walking, standing, and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Handling objects weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances.
- Alcohol may be present at rentals.
- Age: 18
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Six months paid work experience in park/event or recreation facility operations
- Licenses: Valid driver’s license
- Certifications: CPR/AED, First Aid
A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required. Applications and the Job Description are available at Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center–1301 Valley Road. Employment Applications are also available at other PRCS facilities. Applications may be submitted on-line.
For more information call the Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center 334-2262.
Taking applications until position is filled.