Park Maintenance - Clean and Safe Team Park Maintenance Helper
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13.75 / hour
- Posted Date:07/20/2020
These positions will assist with trash removal and grounds cleanup along the Truckee River and other locations in support of the City’s Clean and Safe Team.
Incumbents will work 40 hours per week for up to six months.
A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required. Applications may be submitted online at reno.gov/jobs. Applications are also available at Parks and Recreation facilities.
- Parks and Rec Specialist Band IV
- Positions in this band have considerable technical prerequisites. Work tasks require knowledge, skills and abilities typically obtained through education/certification programs.
- Less than 233 hours per quarter and may be year round or
- 233 hours or more in a quarter with a maximum of six months employment or
- Not to exceed 1,039 work hours within any fiscal year
Essential Functions & Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
- Perform a variety of maintenance and repair functions at City parks and related facilities including turf maintenance, landscaping and general groundskeeping duties.
- Maintain turf, lawn and landscaped areas including mowing, edging, trimming, fertilizing and spraying; maintains plant life in assigned area and apply herbicides and pesticides according to established rules and regulations.
- Clean facilities, restrooms and shelters; check and replenish paper products;
- Gather and remove garbage and litter from grounds and facilities.
- Use proper safety precautions related to all work performed.
- Field environment, travel from site to site using City vehicle.
- Exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, and potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Work in inclement weather conditions, on slippery or uneven surfaces and around heavy construction equipment.
- Work on weekend and holidays required.
- Age: 18
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: One year paid work experience
- Licenses: Valid drivers’ license
- One year grounds or general maintenance experience
A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required. Applications may be submitted on-line. Employment applications are also available at Parks and Recreation facilities.
For more information call the Parks and Recreation Maintenance Office 334-2270.
Taking applications until positions are filled.