- Salary/Pay Rate:11.25 per hour
- Posted Date:02/13/2020
Salary / Pay Rate: $11.25 / hour
Job Type: Temporary
● Year round, less than 233 hours per calendar quarter
● Must have availability between 7-9 a.m. and 3-6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Essential Functions & Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
● Trains staff on how to work with persons with disabilities to better include them in a traditional program setting.
● Provide services directly and indirectly to a variety of individuals with cognitive, behavioral, and physical disabilities.
● May develop behavior/inclusion plans and instruct staff on implementation and modifying activities on a case by case basis.
● Communicates on a regular basis with staff on problems, concerns, and suggestions.
● As assigned, conducts client observations and/or assessments and evaluates individual cases.
● As assigned, facilitates weekly meetings with appropriate program staff.
● Reviews current participant cases.
● Evaluates training and individual cases.
● Include, but are not limited to:
● Conveys and exchanges verbal and written information.
● Walking, standing, sitting for prolonged periods of time.
● Walking on various surfaces including uneven ground that may be slippery.
● Handling objects weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances.
● May work evenings, weekends and holidays.
● Education: High school diploma or equivalent
● Experience: One year paid work experience working with youth in a recreation setting
● Licenses: Valid driver’s license
● Certifications: CPR/AED, First Aid, College level courses related to disabilities, and one year paid experience working with people with disabilities.
A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required.
Applications may be submitted online or at the Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center 1301 Valley Road – Reno or at the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Administration Office, City Hall, 1 E 1st Street. Employment Applications are also available at other PRCS facilities.
For more information call the Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center at 334-2262.