Court Specialist III
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$65,759 + benefits
- Posted Date:02/10/2020
- Deadline to Apply:02/28/2020
Court Specialist III
Under general direction of the Department Judge, this full-time position will conduct a variety of specialized clerical, administrative and customer service duties that directly support the daily operations of Reno Municipal Court. This position is responsible for the performance of various functions, including, but not limited to, calendaring trials, preparing cases for arraignment, trial and hearing, entering minutes of court proceedings, assisting the public, data entry, records management, and sentence compliance monitoring.
Duties: (duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Calendar cases on court dockets in coordination with legal defenders, private attorneys and city attorneys ensuring all parties received accurate and timely dates;
- Review submitted legal documents for completeness, accuracy and signatures; determine proper processing requirements and take appropriate action to ensure full compliance with court rules;
- Prepare files for trial, arraignment and hearings;
- Conduct criminal background investigations for warrant service by utilizing a variety of law enforcement databases including NCIC/CJIS;
- Coordinate paperwork with jail and court staff for video arraignments, including operating video/audio equipment in courtroom;
- Prepare judge’s orders, prepare a variety of court forms, assist the public by answering general case processing questions; enter dispositions and assign defendants to court-ordered programs;
- Perform various court support activities, provide back-up support to other positions and functions of the Court; Perform other duties as required.
Equivalent combination of formal education and specialized training that would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position.
Five (5) years of general office support in a fast-paced environment; ability to learn and use various software applications (Tyler Odyssey, DCCM, Tiburon), including case management and calendaring systems; word processing and statistical spreadsheets.
Starting Salary $65,759 + benefits
Monday through Thursday / 40 hours per week (10-hour work days)
Judicial Code of Conduct:
The Model Code of Conduct for Judicial Employees in the State of Nevada protects and promotes the independence and impartiality of the judicial branch of government. All employees of the Reno Municipal Court are required to adhere to this Code, found on-line at www.nevadajudiciary.us
Reno Municipal Court is an at-will employer and can legally release you from service at anytime without reason or cause. An extensive criminal background check will be conducted and if you have been convicted of any undisclosed felony, gross misdemeanor or misdemeanor substance abuse-related crimes then your employment with Reno Municipal Court will be immediately terminated. Failure to pass future periodic criminal background investigations will also result in termination of your employment.
To view the full job description click here.
Complete a Reno Municipal Court Online Application