Aquatics – Pool Assistant (May 24 – August 15, 2019)
- Salary/Pay Rate:13.00
- Posted Date:05/06/2019
This position will work approximately 30 hours per week and is located at Northwest Pool, 2925 Apollo Way.
- PRCS Specialist Band IV–Pool Assistant
- Positions in this band have considerable technical prerequisites. Work tasks require knowledge, skills, and abilities typically obtained through education and/or certification programs.
Essential Functions & Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates facility operation, programs, and staff schedules.
- Enforces policies, rules, regulations, and ordinances governing the conduct of patrons and staff.
- Inspects facilities and equipment to ensure proper maintenance and safe conditions.
- Oversees swimming, diving, and water safety classes.Conducts various aquatic trainings.
- Instructs employees on the duties of facility and program operations.
- Office assignments may include answering phones, scheduling appt’s and work schedules, maintaining files and an orderly office, assisting customer inquiries.
- Front desk duties include collecting payments, registration and reservations for recreational facilities and programs using a computer and specialized software.
- Reviews revenue, expenses and attendance.
- Assists with Cash Reports and Deposits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conveys and exchanges verbal and written information.
- Walking, standing, sitting and performing swimming rescues.
- Walking on various surfaces including uneven ground that may be slippery.
- Work may be performed outdoors in a variety of weather extremes.
- Lifting, moving or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances.
- May come into contact with pool chemicals.
- May work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Two years paid supervisory aquatics experience
- Licenses: Valid driver’s license
- Certifications: Lifeguard Training Instructor, Water Safety Instructor, Certified Pool Operator
Education: Two yrs of college coursework in P.E., recreation, or related field
Certifications: Instructor Trainer
A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required.
Applications may be submitted online. Employment Applications are also available at PRCS facilities.
For more information call the Aquatics Office at 657-4642.