Park Maintenance - Park Ranger
- Salary/Pay Rate:11.25
- Posted Date:05/03/2019
- PRCS Specialist Band III
- Positions in this band may monitor the work of lower level staff and are responsible for programs/service results. Work tasks require problem solving on a regular basis, analysis of information and/or specialized knowledge of assigned area. Incumbents may work in isolation during assigned shift and/or have oversight of multiple locations.
- Less than 233 hours per quarter and may be year round or
- 233 hours or more in a quarter with a maximum of 6 months employment
- Includes nights and weekends
Essential Functions & Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
- Promotes the proper use of outdoor facilities in compliance with applicable ordinances, rules and regulations.
- Provides information to the public on department programs, facilities and points of interest.
- Patrols park and recreation areas and assists park patrons; reviews permits.
- Monitors condition of parks and assigned areas and reports vandalism or safety hazards to appropriate maintenance staff.
- Utilizes proper safety precautions related to all work performed.
- Field environment requiring travel from site to site using City vehicle.
- Work in inclement weather conditions, on slippery or uneven surfaces and around heavy construction equipment.
- May work on weekends and holidays.
- Conveys and exchanges verbal and written information.
- Alcohol may be present at permit sites which necessitates interaction with public to ensure compliance with policies and conditions of use.
- Age: 18
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: One year paid experience in customer service, security or natural resources
- Licenses: Valid driver’s license
A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required.
Applications may be submitted online. Employment Applications are also available at PRCS facilities.
For more information call the Parks Maintenance Office 334-2270.