Veteran's Court Mentor Coordinator
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$11,750
- Posted Date:04/25/2019 9:58 AM
VETERANS COURT (CAMO-RNO) MENTOR COORDINATOR
PART TIME JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
The Reno Municipal Court, Court Assisting Military Offenders-Reno (CAMO-RNO) Treatment Program, seeks a qualified individual to coordinate, recruit, train, supervise, and assign mentors to serve and assist participants who navigate through the CAMO-RNO Court Program.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in team staffing for new participant intakes, committing himself/herself to the program mission and goals and work as a full partner to ensure Veterans’ success.
- Participate in team planning to help educate the team about the needs of the Veterans in the community.
- Collaborate with team members regarding structure of the Mentor Program
- Recruit, train, and supervise veteran peer mentors for the program to include identifying Veterans from all branches of the service.
- Provide training to veteran peers on the program and their role as a mentor.
- Develop ongoing specialized training projects for the Mentors.
- As part of the CAMO-RNO team, in appropriate non-court settings, assist with obtaining incentives and addressing other needs of the participants.
- Assist in identifying local Veteran-specific agencies and advocacy organizations that support services to assist CAMO-RNO participants.
- Provide local Veteran-specific agencies with information about CAMO-RNO program.
- Maintain or associate with a 501C3 (not for profit) for the CAMO-RNO Mentor Program.
- Maintain a Mentor Log.
- Assist Veterans in making their mental health and substance abuse treatment.
- Attend training as needed.
This position reports to the CAMO-RNO Coordinator. A large proportion of the work will be conducted off-site coordinating mentors, training sessions, communications with the mentors, meetings with outside agencies, etc. Required weekly appearances will be 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. every Tuesday for the CAMO-RNO Court session.
Knowledge of: U.S. Military, its branches or corresponding branch of the Reserve or National Guard; Work organization and office management principles and practices; Methods and techniques of public relations and public information; HIPAA and federal confidentiality standards; Computer applications such as word processing (MS Word); Principles and procedures of record keeping; English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Ability to: Interview and encourage mentors; Conduct public presentations regarding the CAMO-RNO Court and its Mentor Program; Solve problems analytically; Establish and maintain confidential records and files; Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously; Communicate effectively; Select, train and assign Mentors; Maintain cooperative working relationship with CAMO-RNO team members; Collaborate with outside agencies to accomplish goals of Mentor Program
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of interaction with Veterans Affairs and outside human service agencies. CAMO-RNO requires applicants to be a Veteran of the US Military and understanding of military culture among the five services.
SALARY: $11,750 annually. This position is a time-limited, grant-funded, part-time job, 25-35 hours a month. Funding for this position will expire on December 31, 2022.
Apply online or submit a letter of interest to:
Reno Municipal Court
P.O. Box 1900
Reno, NV 89505
Reno Municipal Court is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, and sexual orientation, in any program or activity it operates. Reno Municipal Court employs only United States citizens and persons lawfully authorized to work in the United States.