Park Maintenance - Park Facility Specialist
- Salary/Pay Rate:$11.25 / hour
- Posted Date:09/17/2018
Work up to 40 hours per week. Maximum 6 months of employment. Cleans park restrooms and shelters for permits; empties garbage cans, picks up litter, some graffiti removal.
- PRCS Specialist Band III–Facility Specialist
- Positions in this band may work independently and are responsible for service results. Work tasks require problem solving on a regular basis, analysis of information and/or specialized knowledge of assigned area.
Essential Functions & Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
- Promotes the proper use of outdoor facilities in compliance with applicable ordinances, rules and regulations.
- Greets customers and provides customer service.
- Provides information to the public on facilities and points of interest.
- Patrols park and facility areas and assists park patrons; reviews permits. Monitors condition of parks and assigned areas and reports vandalism or safety hazards to appropriate maintenance staff.
- Utilizes proper safety precautions related to all work performed.
- As assigned, cleans and prepares picnic shelters and restrooms, empties trash and picks up litter for permitted/rented facilities.
- Cleans/stocks remaining restrooms, empties trash cans and picks up litter on the assigned route.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Field environment requiring travel from site to site using City vehicle.
- Work in inclement weather conditions,walking on uneven surfaces that may be slippery.
- May be required to work on holidays.
- Conveys and exchanges verbal and written information.
- Alcohol may be present at permit sites, which necessitates interaction with public to ensure compliance with policies and conditions of use.
- Handling objects weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances.
- Walking, standing, sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Six months paid work experience in similar custodial work
- Licenses: Valid driver’s license
Certifications: CPR/AED, First Aid
A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required. Applications may be submitted online and at the Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) Administration Office, City Hall, 1 E 1st Street. Employment Applications are also available at other PRCS facilities.
For more information call the Parks Maintenance Office 334-2270 or the Administration Office at 334-2260.
DMV driving report will be required.
Taking applications until position is filled.