Aquatics - Lifeguard
- Salary/Pay Rate:$8.25 - $9.00 / hour
- Posted Date:09/17/2018
- PRCS Specialist Band I
- Positions in this band have direct supervision available. Work tasks are routine, repetitive, and/or narrowly defined.
- Less than 233 hours per quarter and may be year round or 233 hours or more in a quarter with a maximum of six months employment.
Essential Functions & Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
- Guards the pool during facility use.
- Enters the water to rescue patrons in distress; resuscitates rescued swimmers, administers first aid to injured, calls Emergency Medical Services (EMS) on serious accident cases.
- Enforces policies, rules, and regulations.
- Cleans and performs light maintenance around pool, locker rooms and storage areas.
- Inspects facilities to ensure safe conditions.
- Prepares supplies for programs.
- Under direction, teaches swimming, water safety, and diving, and assists with special events.
- Conveys and exchanges verbal and written information.
- Walking, standing, sitting and performing swimming rescues.
- Walking on various surfaces including uneven ground that may be slippery.
- Work may be performed outdoors in a variety of weather extremes.
- Lifting, moving or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances.
- May work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Age: 16
- Certifications: Lifeguard Training, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid
- Certifications: Water Safety Instructor
- Senior Lifeguard
- Head Lifeguard
A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required. Applications may be submitted on-line. Employment applications are also available at PRCS facilities.
For more information call the PRCS Administration Office 334-2260.
Taking applications until positions are filled.