Youth - Sierra Kids / Camps - Activity/Site Attendant I
- Salary/Pay Rate:$8.25 - $9.00/hour
- Posted Date:08/14/2018 11:49 AM
Temporary Part-time Sierra Kids Before and/or After School Program Position at various Washoe County School District sites
- PRCS Specialist Band I
- Positions in this band have direct supervision available. Work tasks are routine, repetitive, and/or narrowly defined.
- Less than 233 hours per quarter and may be year round or
- 233 hours or more in a quarter with a maximum of six months employment
Essential Functions & Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors participant activity during program & facility hours.
- Greets customers, answers phone, and provides customer service.
- Leads participants in activities, scorekeeps & directs facility use as assigned.
- Inspects facilities to ensure safe conditions.
- Prepares facility, infields and courts as assigned.
- Performs light equipment maintenance.
- At city facilities, may be assigned to collects user fees and payments.
- May be assigned to use a computer and/or cash register for recording cash transactions.
- Monitors facility entry and registration area.
- Checks and organizes supplies used for activity and facility.
- Secures doors, windows and surrounding areas when departing activity site.
- Performs recordkeeping activities.
- Sets up and takes down equipment.
- Provides first aid supplies to the injured and calls EMS if needed.
- Conveys and exchanges verbal and written information.
- Walking, standing, sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Walking on various surfaces including uneven ground that may be slippery.
- Handling objects weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances.
- May work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Age: 16
- Licenses: Valid driver’s license
- Certifications: CPR/AED, First Aid
- Experience: One year at similar program or facility
A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required. Applications may be submitted on-line. Employment applications are also available at Parks and Recreation facilities.
For more information call the Youth Services Office at 775-334-4280.
Taking applications until positions are filled.