Aquatics - Water Fit Instructor - Certified
- Posted Date:09/17/2018
- PRCS Specialist Band IV
- Positions in this band have considerable technical prerequisites. Work tasks require knowledge, skills, and abilities typically obtained through education and/or certification programs.
- Less than 233 hours per quarter and may be year round or 233 hours or more in a quarter with a maximum of six months employment.
Essential Functions & Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
- Teaches Water Fitness courses.
- For Water Safety courses; under direction, teaches Water Safety Aid, Water Safety Instructor,
- Lifeguard Training, CPR/AED, and/or First Aid courses
- Organizes supplies and equipment necessary for instruction and plans the instruction schedule.
- Assists in providing inclusive environment and accommodating participants with special needs.
- Performs record keeping activities for water fitness instructional courses.
- Conveys and exchanges verbal and written information.
- Walking, standing, sitting and instructing aquatic lessons.
- Walking on various surfaces including uneven ground that may be slippery.
- Work may be performed outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Lifting, moving or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances.
- Age: 16
- Water Fitness Classes require Water Fitness Certification
- Water Safety Classes require Lifeguard Training, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, Water Safety Instructor, Lifeguard Training Instructor and /or Instructor Trainer.
- Experience: One year paid water safety and/or swimming instruction.
- Certifications: CPR/AED, Certified Pool Instructor
A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required. Applications may be submitted on-line. Employment applications are also available at PRCS facilities.
For more information call the PRCS Administration Office 334-2260.