Adult Athletics - Sports Official / Umpire
- Salary/Pay Rate:$19 / hour
- Posted Date:09/17/2018
- PRCS Specialist Band V
- Positions in this band have considerable technical prerequisites. Work tasks require knowledge, problem solving & analysis. Skills and abilities are typically attained through education, certification programs or extensive work history. This position takes direction from their Manager and/or Supervisor. Individuals work independently through completion of tasks.
Essential Functions & Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
- Officiates various sports leagues and activities (adult softball, basketball, volleyball, kickball, etc.)
- Encourages all participants’ good sportsmanship and maintain positive interaction with participants, staff, and spectators at all times.
- Interprets rules regarding sports play.
- Enforces policies, rules, and regulations governing the conduct of facility patrons.
- Performs score keeping activities.
- Maintains a positive attitude and strong work ethic. Makes sure all players are in proper uniform and notify the coach if any problems need to be rectified.
- Compiles reports on accidents and incidents.
- Conveys and exchanges verbal and written information.
- Walking and standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Work is performed outdoors in a variety of weather extremes.
- Walking on various surfaces including uneven ground that may be slippery.
- Handling objects weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances.
- May work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Age: 18
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Licenses: Valid driver’s license
- Experience: Experience in umpiring/officiating adult softball, basketball, kickball, or volleyball games.
- Certifications: CPR/AED, First Aid
A completed City of Reno application is required. Submit applications to the Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center, 1301 Valley Road, Reno 89512, or at the Parks, Recreation, and Community Services, Administration Office, 1 East 1st Street, City Hall, 11th Floor, or submit an application online.
For more information, please call 334-2262 or 334-2260.