Adult Athletics - Gym Supervisor / Field Crew
- Salary/Pay Rate:$9.25 / hour
- Posted Date:09/17/2018
- PRCS Specialist Band II
- Positions in this band may work somewhat independently. Work tasks have variety and require judgment.
Essential Functions & Tasks
- Include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors participant behavior and attendance.
- Greets customers and provides customer service.
- Processes participation requests and incident reports.
- Interprets rules regarding code of conduct.
- Leads participants in activities and/or may monitor activities led by other staff.
- Checks and replenishes supplies and resource materials used for activities.
- Sets up and stores equipment.
- Secures doors, windows and surrounding areas when departing facility.
- Performs record-keeping activities for various programs/facilities.
- Provides first aid supplies to the injured and calls EMS if needed.
- Warns persons of rule infractions or violations, and evict violators from premises.
- Conveys and exchanges verbal and written information.
- Walking, standing, or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Working in inclement weather conditions and/or on various surfaces including uneven ground that may be slippery.
- Handling objects weighing up to 50 lbs. for short distances.
- May work evenings, weekend, and holidays.
- Age: 18
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Six months paid experience leading recreation programs or experience in facility operations.
- Licenses: Valid driver’s license
- Certifications: CPR/AED, First Aid
This position is a temporary/seasonal position without benefits. A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required. Submit applications to the Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center, 1301 Valley Road, Reno 89512, or at the Parks, Recreation, and Community Services, Administration Office, 1 East 1st Street, City Hall, 11th Floor, or submit an application online.
For more information, please call the Athletics Office at 775-657-4657.