Recreation Centers - Day Porter
- Salary/Pay Rate:$9.25 / hour
- Posted Date:09/17/2018
The position of Day Porter is vital and is responsible for cleaning and light maintenance at various recreation centers. It is important our facilities are clean, presentable and inviting at all times.
Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center will be the primary location. The preferred work schedule is Sunday through Thursday; however it can be adjusted as necessary. Average of 17 hours per week (233 hours per calendar quarter).
Essential Functions & Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors building during rentals.
- Greets customers and provides customer service.
- Observes patron behavior and enforces policies, rules, regulations.
- Processes participant requests and incident reports.
- Keeps an orderly facility, customer service area
- Reminds renters, event producers and guests of terms of agreement and conditions of use.
- As assigned, collects user fees, payments, registrations, and reservations for recreational facilities and programs.
- As assigned, uses a computer to reserve facilities and process credits, transfers and refunds.
- Performs record keeping on customer activities and staff work schedules as assigned.
- Provides information on department activities to the public.
- Inspects recreational facilities and equipment to insure proper maintenance and safe conditions.
- Performs light maintenance and litter pick up as needed.
- Sets up and dismantles equipment.
- Secures doors, windows and surrounding areas when departing facility.
- Other duties as assigned
- Age: 18
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Six months paid experience in park/event or recreation facility operations
- Licenses:Valid driver’s license
- Certifications: CPR/AED, First Aid
A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required. Applications may be submitted on-line. Employment applications are also available at PRCS facilities.
For more information call the Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center 334-2262.
Taking applications until position is filled.