Ward 4 Neighborhood Advisory Board
- Date: 02/20/2020 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: North Valleys Library
1075 N. Hills Blvd.
Reno, Nevada 89506
Public Notice: This agenda has been physically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3)(notice of meetings) at:
Reno City Hall – One East First Street;
Washoe County Reno Downtown Library – 301 South Center Street;
Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center – 1301 Valley Road;
McKinley Arts and Culture Center – 925 Riverside Drive;
Reno Municipal Court – One South Sierra Street;
Washoe County Administration Building – 1001 East Ninth Street;
Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority – 4001 South Virginia Street, Suite G; and North Valleys Library - 1075 N. Hills Blvd. NRS 241.020(2)(c).
In addition, this agenda has been electronically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3) at www.reno.gov, and NRS 232.2175 at https://notice.nv.gov/. To obtain further documentation regarding posting, please contact Cynthia Esparza at 775-677-6881.
Accommodations: Reasonable efforts will be made to assist and accommodate physically disabled persons attending the meeting. Please contact Cynthia Esparza-Trigueros at 775-677-6881 in advance so that arrangements can be made.
Supporting Materials: Staff reports and supporting material for the meeting are available at the City Clerk’s Office, located at 1 East First Street, Second Floor, 775-334-2030 and on the City’s website at https://www.reno.gov/community/your-neighborhood/ward-4. Pursuant to NRS 241.020(6), supporting material is made available to the general public at the same time it is provided to the public body.
Order of Business: The presiding officer shall determine the order of the agenda and all questions of parliamentary procedure at the meeting. Items on the agenda may be taken out of order. The public body may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; remove an item from the agenda; or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time. See, NRS 241.020(2)(c)(6). Items scheduled to be heard at a specific time will be heard no earlier than the stated time, but may be heard later.
Public Comment: A person wishing to address the public body shall submit a “Request to Speak” form to the presiding officer. Public comment, whether on items listed on the agenda or general public comment, is limited to three (3) minutes per person. Unused time may not be reserved by the speaker, nor allocated to another speaker. No action may be taken on a matter raised under general public comment until the matter is included on an agenda as an item on which action may be taken.
The presiding officer may prohibit comment if the content of the comments is a topic that is not relevant to, or within the authority of, the public body, or if the content is willfully disruptive of the meeting by being irrelevant, repetitious, slanderous, offensive, inflammatory, irrational or amounting to personal attacks or interfering with the rights of other speakers. Any person making willfully disruptive remarks while addressing the public body or while attending the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer, and the person may be barred from further audience before the public body during that session. See, Nevada Attorney General Opinion No. 00-047 (April 27, 2001); Nevada Open Meeting Law Manual, § 8.05.
In addition, any person willfully disrupting the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer. See, NRS 241.030(4)(a). Examples of disruptive conduct include, without limitation, yelling, stamping of feet, whistles, applause, heckling, name calling, use of profanity, personal attacks, physical intimidation, threatening use of physical force, assault, battery, or any other acts intended to impede the meeting or infringe on the rights of the public body or meeting participants.
1. Call to Order - Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
4. Approval of Agenda - For Possible Action
February 20, 2020
5. Approval of Minutes - For Possible Action
November 21, 2019
6. City of Reno Announcements
7. Ward 4 Neighborhood Advisory Board Member Announcements
8. Councilmember Bonnie Weber Announcements
9. Updates and Presentations
Presentation on Caring For Reno’s Elders (CARE) program - Kindle Craig, Renown, and Sharon Zadra, Truckee Meadows Healthy Communities (Approximately 15 minutes)
10. Development Projects - Following presentations by the project’s developer or representative and City of Reno planner, NAB members and the public will have the opportunity to ask questions about the project and provide feedback. The NAB will not take any action on development projects. NAB members and the public are encouraged to fill out the development project review form with their input. All development project review forms submitted to the community liaison at the NAB meeting or via the online form (goo.gl/wXYHjf) will be submitted to the Reno Planning Commission for consideration in the development review process. All forms must be submitted two weeks in advance of the Planning Commission meeting for input to be included in Planning Commission materials.
LDC20-00034 (Reno Logistics Center) – A request has been made for special use permits to allow for: 1) the construction of a ±1,215,200 square foot warehouse and distribution facility that is adjacent to residentially zoned property; 2) cuts of 20 feet or greater in depth and fills of ten feet or greater in height; and 3) disturbance of a major drainageway. The ±74.62 acre site consists of eight parcels that are located on the south side of North Virginia Street ±720 feet to the east of its intersection with Lemmon Drive. The site is located within the Industrial (I) zoning district and has a Master Plan land use designation of Industrial (I). (Approximately 15 Minutes)
Planner: Heather Manzo, Associate Planner, (775) 334-2668 , firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicant Representative: Mike Railey, Christy Corporation Ltd., (775) 502-8552 ext. 107
Planning Commission Hearing Date: February 5, 2020
LDC20-00040 (WCSD Stead Blvd Zone Change) – A request has been made for a zoning map amendment from Mixed Use/North Virginia Street Transit Corridor Overlay District (MU/NVTC) to Public Facility (PF). The ±34.1 acre site is located on the east side of Stead Boulevard, ±100 feet south of its intersection with Silver Lake Road. The site has a Master Plan land use designation of Public/Quasi-Public (PQP). (Approximately 15 Minutes)
Planner: Kyle Chisholm, Assistant Planner, (775) 326-6665, email@example.com
Applicant Representative: Andy Durling, Wood Rodgers, Inc., (775) 823-4068
Planning Commission Hearing Date: March 4, 2020
LDC20-00046 (Sage Point # 7) - A request has been made for a special use permit to allow for a ±531,886 square foot industrial warehouse development adjacent to single family zoning. The ±42.23 acre site is located north of the intersection of Lear Boulevard and Mahon Drive. The site is within the Industrial Commercial (IC) zone and has an Industrial Master Plan land use designation. (Approximately 15 Minutes)
Planner: Nathan Gilbert, Associate Planner, (775) 334-2698, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicant Representative: John, Krmpotic, KLS, (775) 852-7606, email@example.com
Planning Commission Hearing Date: March 18, 2020
11. Development Project Updates - The following items provide an update on action taken by the Planning Commission and/or City Council on development projects previously heard by the Ward 4 NAB. NAB and public comments were submitted via the development project review form to the Reno Planning Commission. To view past Planning Commission meetings. (Approximately 5 minutes)
LDC20-00025 (LIV+ Master Plan and Zoning Map Amendments) – A request has been made for: 1) a Master Plan amendment from ±3.25 acres of Parks, Greenways, and Open Space (PGOS) and ±1.87 acres of Single-Family Neighborhood (SF) to ±5.00 acres of Multi-Family Neighborhood (MF); and a zoning map amendment from ±3.58 acres of Mixed Use/University of Nevada Regional Center Planning Overlay Zoning District/Open Space (MU/UNRC/OS) and ±3.57 acres of Mixed Use/University of Nevada Regional Center Planning Overlay Zoning District/Residential Area (MU/UNRC/RES) to ±7.15 acres of Multi-family – 30 units per acre (MF30). The ±7.15 acre site is located north of the intersection of Wells Avenue and Winston Drive.
LDC20-00035 (Project TUSK) - A request has been made for a special use permit to allow grading within two major drainageways in order to accommodate a ±146,500 square foot industrial warehouse development. The ±37.4 acre site is generally located north of North Virginia Street, south of Interstate 395, east of Stead Boulevard, and west of Webb Circle. The site is within the Mixed Use (MU)/North Virginia Transit Corridor (NVTC) zones (a concurrent request for Industrial Commercial (IC) zoning is in process) and has an Industrial Master Plan land use designation.
12. Board Discussion and Action Items – For Possible Action
None at time of posting
13. Old Business
None at time of posting
14. Identification of future agenda items – For Possible Action
15. Confirmation of next NAB Chairperson – For Possible Action
16. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
17. Adjournment - For Possible Action