Ward 3 Neighborhood Advisory Board
- Date: 02/04/2020 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: Reno City Hall
1 E. First Street
Reno, Nevada 89501
Reno City Hall – One East First Street;
Washoe County Reno Downtown Library – 301 South Center Street;
Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center – 1301 Valley Road;
McKinley Arts and Culture Center – 925 Riverside Drive;
Reno Municipal Court – One South Sierra Street;
Washoe County Administration Building – 1001 East Ninth Street; and
Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority – 4001 South Virginia Street, Suite G. NRS 241.020(2)(c).
In addition, this agenda has been electronically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3) at www.reno.gov, and NRS 232.2175 at https://notice.nv.gov/. To obtain further documentation regarding posting, please contact Cynthia Esparza at 775-677-6881.
Accommodations: Reasonable efforts will be made to assist and accommodate physically disabled persons attending the meeting. Please contact Tess Opferman at 775-334-2255 in advance so that arrangements can be made.
Supporting Materials: Staff reports and supporting material for the meeting are available at the City Clerk’s Office, located at 1 East First Street, Second Floor, 775-334-2030 and on the City’s website at www.reno.gov/residents/your-neighborhood/ward-3. Pursuant to NRS 241.020(6), supporting material is made available to the general public at the same time it is provided to the public body.
Order of Business: The presiding officer shall determine the order of the agenda and all questions of parliamentary procedure at the meeting. Items on the agenda may be taken out of order. The public body may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; remove an item from the agenda; or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time. See, NRS 241.020(2)(c)(6). Items scheduled to be heard at a specific time will be heard no earlier than the stated time, but may be heard later.
Public Comment: A person wishing to address the public body shall submit a “Request to Speak” form to the presiding officer. Public comment, whether on items listed on the agenda or general public comment, is limited to three (3) minutes per person. Unused time may not be reserved by the speaker, nor allocated to another speaker. No action may be taken on a matter raised under general public comment until the matter is included on an agenda as an item on which action may be taken.
The presiding officer may prohibit comment if the content of the comments is a topic that is not relevant to, or within the authority of, the public body, or if the content is willfully disruptive of the meeting by being irrelevant, repetitious, slanderous, offensive, inflammatory, irrational or amounting to personal attacks or interfering with the rights of other speakers. Any person making willfully disruptive remarks while addressing the public body or while attending the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer, and the person may be barred from further audience before the public body during that session. See, Nevada Attorney General Opinion No. 00-047 (April 27, 2001); Nevada Open Meeting Law Manual, § 8.05.
In addition, any person willfully disrupting the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer. See, NRS 241.030(4)(a). Examples of disruptive conduct include, without limitation, yelling, stamping of feet, whistles, applause, heckling,
name calling, use of profanity, personal attacks, physical intimidation, threatening use of physical force, assault, battery, or any other acts intended to impede the meeting or infringe on the rights of the public body or meeting participants.
1. Call to Order - Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
4. Approval of Agenda - For Possible Action
A. February 4, 2020
5. Approval of Minutes - For Possible Action
A. January 7, 2020
6. Update from Councilmember Oscar Delgado
7. City of Reno Announcements
8. Presentations and Updates
A. Presentation on Caring For Reno’s Elders (CARE) program - Kindle Craig, Renown, and Sharon Zadra, Truckee Meadows Healthy Communities (Approximately 15 minutes)
9. Development Projects - Following presentations by a City of Reno planner and/or the project’s developer or representative, NAB members and the public will have the opportunity to ask questions about the project and provide feedback. The NAB will not take any action on development projects. NAB members and the public are encouraged to fill out the development project review form with their input. All development project review forms submitted to the community liaison at the NAB meeting or via the online form (https://goo.gl/wXYHjf) will be submitted to the Reno Planning Commission for consideration in the development review process. All forms must be submitted two weeks in advance of the Planning Commission meeting for input to be included in Planning Commission materials.
A. LDC20-00042 (Flowing Tide Pub Condition Amendment) - A request has been made to amend special use permit Condition No. 11 associated with Case No. LDC16-00035 (The Hellfire Saloon/3372 S. McCarran Blvd) to allow 24 hour operations for a new bar and restaurant operator. The ±4,500 tenant space is located within an existing ±8.69 acre commercial center on the southeast corner of South McCarran Boulevard and Mira Loma Drive. The site is located in the Arterial Commercial (AC) zone and has a Master Plan land use designation of Suburban Mixed-Use (SMU). (Approximately 15 minutes)
Planner: Kyle Chisholm, Assistant Planner, (775) 326-6665, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicant’s Representative: Jason Tolotti, (775) 750-4234
Planning Commission Hearing Date: March 4, 2020
B. LDC20-00043 (Sportsmobile) - A request has been made for a special use permit to allow for the sale of recreational vehicles. The ±0.71 acre site is located on the west side of Market Street, ±450 feet north of its intersection with Vassar Street. The site is zoned Community Commercial (CC) and has a Master Plan land use designation of Suburban Mixed-Use (SMU). (Approximately 15 minutes)
Planner: Brooklyn Oswald, Associate Planner, (775) 326-6635, email@example.com
Applicant’s Representative: Rusty Heberger, (775) 826-1961
Planning Commission Hearing Date: March 4, 2020
10. Development Project Updates - The following items are to provide an update on action taken by the Planning Commission and/or City Council on development projects previously heard by the Ward 3 NAB. NAB and public comments were submitted via the development project review form to the Reno Planning Commission. To review past Planning Commission meeting discussions on projects listed below, please visit goo.gl/lL7i7S. (Approximately 5 minutes)
A. LDC20-00036 (Splash Express Car Wash) - A request has been made for special use permits to allow for: 1) reduction of the required floor area ratio and; 2) an alternative building orientation. The ±0.59 acre site is located on the south side of East Peckham Lane, ±40 feet southwest of its intersection with Filbert Road. The site is zoned Mixed Use/ Convention Regional Center/ General Mixed Use (MU/CRC/GMU) and has a Master Plan land use designation of Suburban Mixed- Use (SMU).
11. Board Discussion and Action Items – For Possible Action
A. NAB brainstorming session for 2020 board goals. - For Possible Action
12. Old Business
A. None at time of posting.
13. Identification of Items to be Placed on a Future Agenda of the Ward 3 Neighborhood Advisory Board for Discussion and/or Potential Action - For Possible Action
14. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
15. Adjournment - For Possible Action
4. A. February 4, 2020 Agenda
9. A. LDC20-00042 (Flowing Tide Pub Condition Amendment)
9. B. LDC20-00043 (Sportsmobile)