Ward 5 Neighborhood Advisory Board
- Date: 01/14/2020 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: Reno City Hall
1 E. First Street
Reno, Nevada 89501
Public Notice: This agenda has been physically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3)(notice of meetings) at:
Reno City Hall – One East First Street;
Washoe County Reno Downtown Library – 301 South Center Street;
Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center – 1301 Valley Road;
McKinley Arts and Culture Center – 925 Riverside Drive;
Reno Municipal Court – One South Sierra Street;
Washoe County Administration Building – 1001 East 9th Street; and
Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority – 4001 South Virginia Street, Suite G. NRS 241.020(2)(c).
In addition, this agenda has been electronically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3) at http://www.reno.gov, and NRS 232.2175 at https://notice.nv.gov/. To obtain further documentation regarding posting, please contact Tess Opferman at 775-334-2255.
Accommodations: Reasonable efforts will be made to assist and accommodate physically disabled persons attending the meeting. Please contact Tess Opferman at 775-334-2255 in advance so that arrangements can be made.
Supporting Materials: Staff reports and supporting material for the meeting are available at the City Clerk’s Office, located at One East First Street, Second Floor, (775) 334-2030, and on the City’s website at www.reno.gov/community/your-neighborhood/ward-5. Pursuant to NRS 241.020(6), supporting material is made available to the general public at the same time it is provided to the public body.
Order of Business: The presiding officer shall determine the order of the agenda and all questions of parliamentary procedure at the meeting. Items on the agenda may be taken out of order. The public body may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; remove an item from the agenda; or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time. See, NRS 241.020(2)(c)(6). Items scheduled to be heard at a specific time will be heard no earlier than the stated time, but may be heard later.
Public Comment: A person wishing to address the public body shall submit a “Request to Speak” form to the presiding officer. Public comment, whether on items listed on the agenda or general public comment, is limited to three (3) minutes per person. Unused time may not be reserved by the speaker nor allocated to another speaker. No action may be taken on a matter raised under general public comment until the matter is included on an agenda as an item on which action may be taken.
The presiding officer may prohibit comment if the content of the comments is a topic that is not relevant to, or within the authority of, the public body, or if the content is willfully disruptive of the meeting by being irrelevant, repetitious, slanderous, offensive, inflammatory, irrational or amounting to personal attacks or interfering with the rights of other speakers. Any person making willfully disruptive remarks while addressing the public body or while attending the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer, and the person may be barred from further audience before the public body during that session. See, Nevada Attorney General Opinion No. 00-047 (April 27, 2001); Nevada Open Meeting Law Manual, § 8.05.
In addition, any person willfully disrupting the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer. See, NRS 241.030(4)(a). Examples of disruptive conduct include, without limitation, yelling, stamping of feet, whistles, applause, heckling, name calling, use of profanity, personal attacks, physical intimidation, threatening use of physical force, assault, battery, or any other acts intended to impede the meeting or infringe on the rights of the public body or meeting participants.
1. Call to Order - Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
4. Approval of Agenda - For Possible Action
A. January 14, 2020
5. Approval of Minutes - For Possible Action
A. November 12, 2019
7. Announcements from Board Members
8. Update and Discussion from Councilmember Neoma Jardon
9. Presentations and Updates
A. Quarterly RPD Update and Presentation of Ward Crime Statistics
10. Development Projects - Following presentations by a City of Reno planner and/or the project’s developer or representative, NAB members and the public will have the opportunity to ask questions about the project and provide feedback. The NAB will not take any action on development projects. NAB members and the public are encouraged to fill out the development project review form with their input. All development project review forms submitted to the community liaison at the NAB meeting or via the online form (https://goo.gl/wXYHjf) will be submitted to the Reno Planning Commission for consideration in the development review process. All forms must be submitted two weeks in advance of the Planning Commission meeting for input to be included in Planning Commission materials.
A. LDC20-00002 (Verdi Boat and RV Storage) - A request has been made for special use permits to allow: 1) recreational vehicle storage (mini-warehouse) to be constructed in Community Commercial zoning and; 2) nonresidential development adjacent to residential zoned property; 3) extended hours of operation between 11:00 pm and 6:00 am. The ±3.9 acre site is located ±25 feet northeast of the intersection of Interstate 80- Exit 2 and Orange Post Road. The site is zoned Community Commercial (CC) and has a Master Plan land use designation of Suburban MixedUse (SMU). The project is located within the Cooperative Planning Area (CPA) overlay zoning district.
PLANNER: Brooklyn Oswald, Associate Planner
CONTACT NUMBER: (775) 326-6635
APPLICANT’S REPRESENTATIVE: David Snelgrove
CONTACT NUMBER: 775-737-8910
PLANNING COMMISSION HEARING DATE: February 5, 2020
11. Development Project Updates - The following items are to provide an update on action taken by the Planning Commission and/or City Council on development projects previously heard by the Ward 5 NAB. NAB and public comments were submitted via the development project review form to the Reno Planning Commission. To review past Planning Commission meeting discussions on projects listed below, please visit goo.gl/lL7i7S. (Approximately 5 Minutes)
A. LDC20-00003 (Stan Lucas' Mortensen Ranch)
B. ABN20-00004 (UNR Gateway Lake Street Abandonment)
C. LDC20-00018 (Meridian 120 South Villages 5 & 6)
12. Board Discussion and Action Items – For Possible Action
A. None at time of posting
13. Old Business
None at time of posting
14. Identification of Items to be Placed on a Future Agenda of the Ward 5 Neighborhood Advisory Board for Discussion and/or Potential Action - For Possible Action
15. Confirmation of next NAB Chairperson – For Possible Action
16. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
17. Adjournment - For Possible Action
If meeting goes beyond 7:30 p.m., NAB Chair may postpone the remaining items to a future agenda.
END OF AGENDA
4. A. January 14, 2020 Agenda