Ward 3 Neighborhood Advisory Board
- Date: 12/03/2019 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: Reno City Hall
1 E. First Street
Reno, Nevada 89501
Public Notice: This agenda has been physically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3)(notice of meetings) at:
Reno City Hall – One East First Street;
Washoe County Reno Downtown Library – 301 South Center Street;
Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center – 1301 Valley Road;
McKinley Arts and Culture Center – 925 Riverside Drive;
Reno Municipal Court – One South Sierra Street;
Washoe County Administration Building – 1001 East Ninth Street; and
Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority – 4001 South Virginia Street, Suite G. NRS 241.020(2)(c).
In addition, this agenda has been electronically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3) at www.reno.gov, and NRS 232.2175 at https://notice.nv.gov/. To obtain further documentation regarding posting, please contact Cynthia Esparza at 775-677-6881.
Accommodations: Reasonable efforts will be made to assist and accommodate physically disabled persons attending the meeting. Please contact Tess Opferman at 775-334-2255 in advance so that arrangements can be made.
Supporting Materials: Staff reports and supporting material for the meeting are available at the City Clerk’s Office, located at 1 East First Street, Second Floor, 775-334-2030 and on the City’s website at www.reno.gov/residents/your-neighborhood/ward-3. Pursuant to NRS 241.020(6), supporting material is made available to the general public at the same time it is provided to the public body.
Order of Business: The presiding officer shall determine the order of the agenda and all questions of parliamentary procedure at the meeting. Items on the agenda may be taken out of order. The public body may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; remove an item from the agenda; or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time. See, NRS 241.020(2)(c)(6). Items scheduled to be heard at a specific time will be heard no earlier than the stated time, but may be heard later.
Public Comment: A person wishing to address the public body shall submit a “Request to Speak” form to the presiding officer. Public comment, whether on items listed on the agenda or general public comment, is limited to three (3) minutes per person. Unused time may not be reserved by the speaker, nor allocated to another speaker. No action may be taken on a matter raised under general public comment until the matter is included on an agenda as an item on which action may be taken.
The presiding officer may prohibit comment if the content of the comments is a topic that is not relevant to, or within the authority of, the public body, or if the content is willfully disruptive of the meeting by being irrelevant, repetitious, slanderous, offensive, inflammatory, irrational or amounting to personal attacks or interfering with the rights of other speakers. Any person making willfully disruptive remarks while addressing the public body or while attending the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer, and the person may be barred from further audience before the public body during that session. See, Nevada Attorney General Opinion No. 00-047 (April 27, 2001); Nevada Open Meeting Law Manual, § 8.05.
In addition, any person willfully disrupting the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer. See, NRS 241.030(4)(a). Examples of disruptive conduct include, without limitation, yelling, stamping of feet, whistles, applause, heckling,
name calling, use of profanity, personal attacks, physical intimidation, threatening use of physical force, assault, battery, or any other acts intended to impede the meeting or infringe on the rights of the public body or meeting participants.
1. Call to Order - Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
4. Approval of Agenda - For Possible Action
A. December 3, 2019
5. Approval of Minutes - For Possible Action
A. June 4, 2019
6. Update from Councilmember Oscar Delgado
7. City of Reno Announcements
8. Presentations and Updates
A. Introductions of new Neighborhood Advisory Board members. - (Approximately 10 Minutes)
B. Quarterly update from the Reno Police Deparment. - Lt. Rulla, Reno Police Department (Approximately 15 Minutes)
9. Development Projects - Following presentations by a City of Reno planner and/or the project’s developer or representative, NAB members and the public will have the opportunity to ask questions about the project and provide feedback. The NAB will not take any action on development projects. NAB members and the public are encouraged to fill out the development project review form with their input. All development project review forms submitted to the community liaison at the NAB meeting or via the online form (https://goo.gl/wXYHjf) will be submitted to the Reno Planning Commission for consideration in the development review process. All forms must be submitted two weeks in advance of the Planning Commission meeting for input to be included in Planning Commission materials.
A. LDC20-00029 (Vaughn Motor Sports) - A request has been made for a special use permit to allow for the sale and rental of recreation vehicles. The ±6,200 square foot site is located on the east side of Louise Street, ±40 feet northeast of its intersection with Market Street. The site is zoned Mixed Use/Mill Street Transit Corridor Overlay District (MU/MSTC) and has a Master Plan land use designation of Urban Mixed-Use (UMU). (Approximately 15 Minutes)
Planner: Brooklyn Oswald, Associate Planner, (775) 326-6635, email@example.com
Applicant’s Representative: Robert Walker, (775) 686-3508
Planning Commission Hearing Date: January 9, 2020
10. Development Project Updates - The following items are to provide an update on action taken by the Planning Commission and/or City Council on development projects previously heard by the Ward 3 NAB. NAB and public comments were submitted via the development project review form to the Reno Planning Commission. To review past Planning Commission meeting discussions on projects listed below, please visit goo.gl/lL7i7S. (Approximately 5 minutes)
A. LDC20-00014 (State Street Multi-Family) - A request has been made for a special use permit to allow a 64 unit multifamily apartment building to be greater than 45 feet in height. The ±14,985 square foot project site is on the northeast corner of the intersection of State Street and River Rock Street. The site is located within the Mixed Use/Downtown Reno Regional Center/California Avenue District (MU/DRRC/CALI) zone and has a Master Plan land use designation of Downtown Mixed-Use.
B. LDC20-00016 (State Street Plaza – Back Bay Pizza) – A request has been made for a special use permit to allow the use to extend operating hours beyond 6:00 am. to 11:00 p.m. for a restaurant with alcohol service located within the Mixed Use/Downtown Reno Regional Center/California Avenue (MU/DRRC/CALI) zoning district. The ±0.35 acre site is located south of State Street, north of Pine Street and east of Virginia Street. The site has a Master Plan Land Use designation of Downtown Mixed-Use (DT-MU).
C. ANX20-00002 (Trego Grid Annexation) – A request has been made for an annexation of a parcel totaling ±7.0 acres. The subject site is ±2,765 feet northeast of the current eastern terminus of South Meadows Parkway, generally located to the east of Desert Way and north of the existing electrical substation. The parcel is within the City of Reno Sphere of Influence (SOI) and the City’s portion of the Truckee Meadows Service Area (TMSA). The subject site has Washoe County zoning designation of High Density Rural (HDR) and a City of Reno Master Plan land use designation of Single Family Neighborhood (SF).
D. ABN20-00003 (Ryland, Park, and High Street Alley Abandonment) – A request has been made for alleyway abandonments that total ±5,389 square feet. The project site is on the northwest corner of the intersection of Park Street and Ryland Street. The site is located within the Mixed Use/Downtown Reno Regional Center/California Avenue (MU/DRRC/CALI) zoning district and has Master Plan land use designation of Downtown Mixed-Use (DT-MU).
11. Board Discussion and Action Items – For Possible Action
A. None at time of posting.
12. Old Business
A. None at time of posting.
13. Identification of Items to be Placed on a Future Agenda of the Ward 3 Neighborhood Advisory Board for Discussion and/or Potential Action - For Possible Action
14. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
15. Adjournment - For Possible Action