Ward 4 Neighborhood Advisory Board
- Date: 09/19/2019 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: North Valleys Library
1075 N. Hills Blvd
Reno, Nevada 89506
Reno City Hall – One East First Street;
Washoe County Reno Downtown Library – 301 South Center Street;
Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center – 1301 Valley Road;
McKinley Arts and Culture Center – 925 Riverside Drive;
Reno Municipal Court – One South Sierra Street;
Washoe County Administration Building – 1001 East Ninth Street;
Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority – 4001 South Virginia Street, Suite G; and
North Valleys Library - 1075 N. Hills Blvd. NRS 241.020(2)(c).
In addition, this agenda has been electronically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3) at www.reno.gov, and NRS 232.2175 at https://notice.nv.gov/. To obtain further documentation regarding posting, please contact Cynthia Esparza at 775-677-6881.
Accommodations: Reasonable efforts will be made to assist and accommodate physically disabled persons attending the meeting. Please contact Cynthia Esparza-Trigueros at 775-677-6881 in advance so that arrangements can be made.
Supporting Materials: Staff reports and supporting material for the meeting are available at the City Clerk’s Office, located at 1 East First Street, Second Floor, 775-334-2030 and on the City’s website at https://www.reno.gov/community/your-neighborhood/ward-4. Pursuant to NRS 241.020(6), supporting material is made available to the general public at the same time it is provided to the public body.
Order of Business: The presiding officer shall determine the order of the agenda and all questions of parliamentary procedure at the meeting. Items on the agenda may be taken out of order. The public body may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; remove an item from the agenda; or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time. See, NRS 241.020(2)(c)(6). Items scheduled to be heard at a specific time will be heard no earlier than the stated time, but may be heard later.
Public Comment: A person wishing to address the public body shall submit a “Request to Speak” form to the presiding officer. Public comment, whether on items listed on the agenda or general public comment, is limited to three (3) minutes per person. Unused time may not be reserved by the speaker, nor allocated to another speaker. No action may be taken on a matter raised under general public comment until the matter is included on an agenda as an item on which action may be taken.
The presiding officer may prohibit comment if the content of the comments is a topic that is not relevant to, or within the authority of, the public body, or if the content is willfully disruptive of the meeting by being irrelevant, repetitious, slanderous, offensive, inflammatory, irrational or amounting to personal attacks or interfering with the rights of other speakers. Any person making willfully disruptive remarks while addressing the public body or while attending the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer, and the person may be barred from further audience before the public body during that session. See, Nevada Attorney General Opinion No. 00-047 (April 27, 2001); Nevada Open Meeting Law Manual, § 8.05.
In addition, any person willfully disrupting the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer. See, NRS 241.030(4)(a). Examples of disruptive conduct include, without limitation, yelling, stamping of feet, whistles, applause, heckling, name calling, use of profanity, personal attacks, physical intimidation, threatening use of physical force, assault, battery, or any other acts intended to impede the meeting or infringe on the rights of the public body or meeting participants.
1. Call to Order - Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
4. Approval of Agenda - For Possible Action
A. September 19, 2019
5. Approval of Minutes - For Possible Action
A. August 15, 2019
6. City of Reno Announcements
7. Ward 4 Neighborhood Advisory Board Member Announcements
8. Councilmember Bonnie Weber Announcements
9. Updates and Presentations
A. NDOT Spaghetti Bowl Project update - Jennica Keller, P.E., Senior Project Manager, Nevada Department of Transportation (Approximately 10 Minutes)
B. NDOT US 395 North Valleys Improvement Project update - Pedro Rodriguez, P.E., Project Manager, Nevada Department of Transportation (Approximately 10 Minutes)
C. Update on Art Belongs Here Grants projects in Ward 4 - Megan Berner, Public Art Program Coordinator (Approximately 10 Minutes)
D. Update and discussion on Zoning Code RENOvation, the update to Title 18, and the public outreach process for the code drafting and adoption phases of the project - Community Development Director (Approximately 10 Minutes)
10. Development Projects - Following presentations by the project’s developer or representative and City of Reno planner, NAB members and the public will have the opportunity to ask questions about the project and provide feedback. The NAB will not take any action on development projects. NAB members and the public are encouraged to fill out the development project review form with their input. All development project review forms submitted to the community liaison at the NAB meeting or via the online form (goo.gl/wXYHjf) will be submitted to the Reno Planning Commission for consideration in the development review process. All forms must be submitted two weeks in advance of the Planning Commission meeting for input to be included in Planning Commission materials.
A. LDC20-00008 (TMWA Equalization Tanks) - A request has been made for a special use permit to allow for: 1) the construction of a utility installation in the Open Space (OS) zoning district; 2) nonresidential development adjacent to residentially zoned property; and 3) grading in the Open Space (OS) zoning district. The ±1,424 acre site is comprised of three parcels located south of North Virginia Street and Highway 395 between Red Rock Road to the east and White Lake Parkway to the west. Approximately 1.1 acres of land crossing these three parcels are proposed to be disturbed. The site is located in the Open Space (OS) zoning district and has a Master Plan land use designation of Parks, Greenways, and Open Space (PGOS). (Approximately 10 Minutes)
Planner: Brooklyn Oswald, Associate Planner, (775) 326-6635, email@example.com
Applicant Representative: Brian Moon, Lumos & Associates, (775) 827-6111
Planning Commission Hearing Date: October 3, 2019
B. LDC20-00010 (Golden Valley Commercial Zoning Map Amendment) - A request has been made for a zoning map amendment from ±1.8 acres of Single Family Residential - 15,000 square feet (SF15) to ±1.8 acres of Arterial Commercial (AC). The ±1.8 acre site consists of one parcel generally located south of North Hills Boulevard, north of US highway 395, and west of Golden Valley Road. The project site has a Master Plan land use designation of Suburban Mixed-Use (SMU). (Approximately 10 Minutes)
Planner: AnnMarie Lain, Assistant Planner, (775) 334-2309, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicant Representative: Derek Wilson, Rubicon Design Group, LLC, (775) 425-4800
Planning Commission Hearing Date: October 3, 2019
11. Development Project Updates - The following items provide an update on action taken by the Planning Commission and/or City Council on development projects previously heard by the Ward 4 NAB. NAB and public comments were submitted via the development project review form to the Reno Planning Commission. To view past Planning Commission meetings. (Approximately 5 minutes)
A. LDC20-00005 (Grey Goose Self Storage) - A request has been made for a special use permit to: 1) allow for the establishment of a mini-warehouse use in the Arterial Commercial (AC) zoning district; 2) allow for nonresidential development adjacent to residentially zoned property; and 3) allow for commercial or industrial development within 300 feet of a primary or secondary school. The ±4.26 acre site is located on east side of Stead Boulevard, ±440 feet south of the intersection of Stead Boulevard and Lear Boulevard within the Arterial Commercial (AC) zone. The site has a Master Plan land use designation of Suburban Mixed-Use (SMU).
B. LDC20-00007 (Sage Point 8) - A request has been made for a special use permit to allow for a ±242,820 square foot warehouse building located adjacent to residentially zoned property. The ±12.49 acre site is located northeast of the Echo Avenue/Military Road intersection and is bound by Mount Limbo Street to the east. The site is located in the Industrial Commercial (IC) zoning district and has a Master Plan land use designation of Industrial.
12. Board Discussion and Action Items – For Possible Action
A. Discussion to change the monthly Ward 4 Neighborhood Advisory Board meeting time to 6:00- 8:00 p.m. - For Possible Action (Approximately 10 Minutes)
13. Old Business
A. None at time of posting
14. Identification of future agenda items – For Possible Action
15. Confirmation of next NAB Chairperson – For Possible Action
16. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
17. Adjournment - For Possible Action